Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Where does DGB rank ?

DGB wasn't a top 5 overall pick in the draft.  I also said numerous times that if DGB can get his act together he has the physical tools to be an elite X in the NFL.  He didn't play his last year in college for a reason and drafting him was a high risk, high reward type pick.  I would have never condoned taking DGB in the top 5 with all the red flags.  His skillset was undeniable but obviously you cant teach work ethic and drive to be the best.  He obviously couldn't get his head on straight and didn't want to put the time and effort to be elite, that's why he is out of the league.  That is a risk when drafting a person and that is why GM's get pad the big bucks to sort through all of this stuff during the pre draft process.  I was never a fan of Kevin White, I wanted Williams and like I have said  all along, taking a WR in the top 5 that doesn't check all the boxes to be an elite X is a foolish move.  There are plenty of Wr's over 6'3 in the league who are garbage. 

WR value can be had in later rounds, unless a Julio, Green. Tron type WR is available.  Cooper has never been and will never be in the mold of the WR's I have just mentioned.  

So living in jersey, I butt heads with my buddies that are giants fans pretty often. Anyway, I used the term fluke for their two most recent super bowl wins and they got so up in arms over it. They also get extremely upset when I question Eli making the hall of fame. I understand fluke may not be the best word choice since there were two, but since there was a lack of any amount of success for 15 years before, the years in between and the six years after, I think it qualifies. 

The most recent conversation stemmed from my saying that I hope Barkley doesn’t end up with the giants and they again don’t understand my hate. They pretty much proved my point with their arrogant giants fan attitudes. Thoughts?

On 2/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

DGB wasn't a top 5 overall pick in the draft.  I also said numerous times that if DGB can get his act together he has the physical tools to be an elite X in the NFL.  He didn't play his last year in college for a reason and drafting him was a high risk, high reward type pick.  I would have never condoned taking DGB in the top 5 with all the red flags.  His skillset was undeniable but obviously you cant teach work ethic and drive to be the best.  He obviously couldn't get his head on straight and didn't want to put the time and effort to be elite, that's why he is out of the league.  That is a risk when drafting a person and that is why GM's get pad the big bucks to sort through all of this stuff during the pre draft process.  I was never a fan of Kevin White, I wanted Williams and like I have said  all along, taking a WR in the top 5 that doesn't check all the boxes to be an elite X is a foolish move.  There are plenty of Wr's over 6'3 in the league who are garbage. 

WR value can be had in later rounds, unless a Julio, Green. Tron type WR is available.  Cooper has never been and will never be in the mold of the WR's I have just mentioned.  

Yawn!

12 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

So living in jersey, I butt heads with my buddies that are giants fans pretty often. Anyway, I used the term fluke for their two most recent super bowl wins and they got so up in arms over it. They also get extremely upset when I question Eli making the hall of fame. I understand fluke may not be the best word choice since there were two, but since there was a lack of any amount of success for 15 years before, the years in between and the six years after, I think it qualifies. 

The most recent conversation stemmed from my saying that I hope Barkley doesn’t end up with the giants and they again don’t understand my hate. They pretty much proved my point with their arrogant giants fan attitudes. Thoughts?

No I don't think that the Giants are poor franchise, they are middling to above average one but they aren't a bottom team. Going to a Super Bowl is hard, winning it against the best franchise of the 21st century is even harder. As a Raider fan I honestly feel I can't throw stones at a team that has won 2 super bowls in the  last 15 years when my team hasn't even won a playoff game. Eli honestlly could make the Hall, he's got the name recognition, big play in the super bowl and the hardware which is what voters look for. 

On Barkley, I wouldn't say he needs to stay away from the Giants, because they aren't totally incompetent like say the Browns,. They have some talent on both sides of the ball and an accomplished GM in Gettleman. Shurmur is mostly an unknown but is a solid play caller and offensive coach, getting barkley on his offense would be  a boon. Personally the Giants need to look ahead for their successor to Eli wether thats in FA with a guy like Keenum or McCarron, or in the Draft with Rosen or Darnold.

25 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Robert Quinn for basically a 4th. 12.4 mill and an expiring contract though. Who knows what he'd want if he balled here. Not sure if I prefer that or our Irvin situation. 

I do know FA pickings just got slimmer though.

Quinn should bounce back in a 4-3 worthy flier by Miami. They go 4 deep at pass rusher not too shabby 

12 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

A 5th rd pick and a fast wr just got Bennett. Ugh, I would love to done that. Holton and a 5th for Bennett. 

May be prisoner of the moment but I would love to see Reggie get aggressive and make a move like this once and while. 

Archived