Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Belichick needs to see a player before he can effectively game plan for them.  What i scary for me is the game Alex Smith had.  Hope this man has not found the courage to take chances.

Hmmm.... To me it looked like he threw for 15+ yards twice all game and it happened to be TD's. You can't go all season with a passing game that is <10 yards for 90% of your throws and be succesfull.  I'm more worried by the RB they drafted, that kid looked for real.

5 hours ago, Roninho said:

Hmmm.... To me it looked like he threw for 15+ yards twice all game and it happened to be TD's. You can't go all season with a passing game that is <10 yards for 90% of your throws and be succesfull.  I'm more worried by the RB they drafted, that kid looked for real.

He was over 10 yard/attempt.  That would have been first in the league last year.  He was a little over 7 yards/attempt last year but the announcers in the preseason spoke about the Chiefs wanted to open up the offense this year and take more shots down field.  Now I think his stats are inflated because at least the Hunt pass was short and Hunt just took it all the way.  Those type of plays happen for every team though during the year.  Even if you take away the Hunt pass he still averaged 8.8 yards/attempt which would have put him second behind only Matt Ryan.

18 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He was over 10 yard/attempt.  That would have been first in the league last year.  He was a little over 7 yards/attempt last year but the announcers in the preseason spoke about the Chiefs wanted to open up the offense this year and take more shots down field.  Now I think his stats are inflated because at least the Hunt pass was short and Hunt just took it all the way.  Those type of plays happen for every team though during the year.  Even if you take away the Hunt pass he still averaged 8.8 yards/attempt which would have put him second behind only Matt Ryan.

Hope this image linking works...

Over 15 yards: 6 attempts, 3 completions (2 TD's and a 22 yard completion). 

10 to 15 yards: 5 attempts, 3 completions

0 to 10 yards: 24 attempts, 22 completions

21369093_10155513798751263_5192510692592

41 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

What a terrible break for Kevin White. He and Coop were suppose to be compared for years but he has yet to play 5 complete games iIIRC.

Yeah it is a shame cuz coming in his physical ability was off the charts. Bears are cursed with th injury bug at WR. I think Kendall Wright is their #1 now O.o

24 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I remember wanting White over Coop, glad I was wrong.

Cooper was clearly the superior prospect imo. People were just obsessed with White's H/W/S. Cooper was just such a clean and safe prospect, with so much potential. If he could limit the drops, he would be a top 5 WR.

Archived