RaidersAreOne

Around the league v.1.0

Almost forgot to mention I got goose bumps watching Shazier walk across the stage to announce the Steeler’s pick 

6 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Almost forgot to mention I got goose bumps watching Shazier walk across the stage to announce the Steeler’s pick 

Yeah, that was a really cool moment.

So NFLN just said that the Patriots had their eye on Duke Dawson for years before selecting him. I've never really considered that being a thing, but it makes sense. It also explains why they have so many picks that seem out of left field, or that they have these random dudes that step up seemingly out of nowhere. Just a tidbit I found interesting.

10 hours ago, mct288 said:

So NFLN just said that the Patriots had their eye on Duke Dawson for years before selecting him. I've never really considered that being a thing, but it makes sense. It also explains why they have so many picks that seem out of left field, or that they have these random dudes that step up seemingly out of nowhere. Just a tidbit I found interesting.

I was very high on Dawson. Had him ranked 5th behind Ward, Alexander, Jackson and Oliver.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, mct288 said:

They also have a board of about 60 guys. Historically they’ve traded away draft picks especially in the first. They run things very differently in NE although they can when they have had nothing but winning seasons. 

59 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

They also have a board of about 60 guys. Historically they’ve traded away draft picks especially in the first. They run things very differently in NE although they can when they have had nothing but winning seasons. 

I didn't know that about their board either. I've always found their drafts offbeat with all the trades and selections, but I like it.

21 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I was very high on Dawson. Had him ranked 5th behind Ward, Alexander, Jackson and Oliver.

Yeah, I didn't mean that Dawson was a random dude. He should be a good one. 

22 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

No worries, I didn't think that. I was just commenting on the player. Just had him on my list for a while as well. Not as long as them apparently.

Dang. A 2020 7th rounder for former first round WR Corey Coleman? That seems like a good deal considering he has shown flashes and has potential. 

King already getting into trouble in Denver. sheesh. threatening media member and sabotaging interview

Redskins rookie RB Guice tore his ACL last night and is out for the season. Brutal blow. I know some posters were adamant about landing him and will be bummed to hear this.

What if Martin has a great camp, but Richard and Warren do too. Wonder if redskins would trade a mid round pick for a Proven starting RB on a friendly contract...