Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

So NFLN just said that the Patriots had their eye on Duke Dawson for years before selecting him. I've never really considered that being a thing, but it makes sense. It also explains why they have so many picks that seem out of left field, or that they have these random dudes that step up seemingly out of nowhere. Just a tidbit I found interesting.

10 hours ago, mct288 said:

So NFLN just said that the Patriots had their eye on Duke Dawson for years before selecting him. I've never really considered that being a thing, but it makes sense. It also explains why they have so many picks that seem out of left field, or that they have these random dudes that step up seemingly out of nowhere. Just a tidbit I found interesting.

I was very high on Dawson. Had him ranked 5th behind Ward, Alexander, Jackson and Oliver.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, mct288 said:

They also have a board of about 60 guys. Historically they’ve traded away draft picks especially in the first. They run things very differently in NE although they can when they have had nothing but winning seasons. 

59 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

They also have a board of about 60 guys. Historically they’ve traded away draft picks especially in the first. They run things very differently in NE although they can when they have had nothing but winning seasons. 

I didn't know that about their board either. I've always found their drafts offbeat with all the trades and selections, but I like it.

21 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I was very high on Dawson. Had him ranked 5th behind Ward, Alexander, Jackson and Oliver.

Yeah, I didn't mean that Dawson was a random dude. He should be a good one. 

22 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

No worries, I didn't think that. I was just commenting on the player. Just had him on my list for a while as well. Not as long as them apparently.

• 3 months later...

Archived