Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

Anyone else catch the Browns-Steelers game? First time I've seen the Brownies in ages and I have to say they didn't look terrible, Kizer grew into the match after initial jitters and they kept Roethlisberger and Bell in particular quiet though Antonio Brown had his way later in the game. From what I saw, we should be a good matchup for the Steelers if we can manage to meet them in the post season.........

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think I saw us at #4.

Yes under the patriots. At this point I'd put the patriots out of the top five. They can't generate a pass rush and the offense is timing based so the loss of their WRs are going to be huge. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Yes under the patriots. At this point I'd put the patriots out of the top five. They can't generate a pass rush and the offense is timing based so the loss of their WRs are going to be huge. 

The Pats D looked bad but one Hightower got injured, they looked like a league worst team. And their offense is timing based which hurt Brady bad. Edelman and Mitchell are on IR and Amendola got hurt as always. But Gronk and Cooks could turn it around. Gronk got owned like I've never seen before by Berry but i doubt any other player in the league will have anywhere close to that success against him the rest of the year. I think their offense will hit its stride but that defense...yikes...

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

The Pats D looked bad but one Hightower got injured, they looked like a league worst team. And their offense is timing based which hurt Brady bad. Edelman and Mitchell are on IR and Amendola got hurt as always. But Gronk and Cooks could turn it around. Gronk got owned like I've never seen before by Berry but i doubt any other player in the league will have anywhere close to that success against him the rest of the year. I think their offense will hit its stride but that defense...yikes...

I think Smith, if he embraces the roll of being locked onto TEs, could have similar success against Gronk but we would need to get after Brady in a similar fashion also.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bronco fans already clamoring for Menelik Watson to be benched lol 

It will be even better when Donald Stephenson, their Swing T, gets toasted as well. He isn't better than a healthy Watson. They have DeMarcus Lawrence, Lorenzo Alexander and Mack in their next 3 games so Seimian better ice up.

9 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I was so glad they lost the opener. I hated that KC got a win, but the patriots were being hyped up by the media as this untouchable goliath. Good on Andy Reid. 

12 hours ago, NickButera said:

I was so glad they lost the opener. I hated that KC got a win, but the patriots were being hyped up by the media as this untouchable goliath. Good on Andy Reid. 

Now if the Chiefs could lose to the Eagles and the Patriots lose to the Saints, that would be just great.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:03 AM, Darbsk said:

Anyone else catch the Browns-Steelers game? First time I've seen the Brownies in ages and I have to say they didn't look terrible, Kizer grew into the match after initial jitters and they kept Roethlisberger and Bell in particular quiet though Antonio Brown had his way later in the game. From what I saw, we should be a good matchup for the Steelers if we can manage to meet them in the post season.........

I said on draft day that Kizer would end up being the best QB out of the 2017 Draft. We'll see if that happens.

On 9/9/2017 at 3:41 AM, Roninho said:

It is also a bonus win for the Chiefs that doesnt help us at all. 

Disagree -- anytime the Patriots lose helps our chances to win the AFC Conference. Obviously the Chiefs winning doesn't help us in the AFC West, but (and I kinda/sorta hate to say this) losing Eric Berry for the season helps us a lot.

1 hour ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Disagree -- anytime the Patriots lose helps our chances to win the AFC Conference. Obviously the Chiefs winning doesn't help us in the AFC West, but (and I kinda/sorta hate to say this) losing Eric Berry for the season helps us a lot.

I concur this game effectively helped the Raiders chances at having one of the best records in the AFC. I mean I'd like to play the chiefs at full force but without berry their chances really do improve as he is the best safety not on the Seahawks roster.

But off course no one is going to drop the Pats out of the top five, because Brady is the GOAT and BB will figure things out in a month like always. #sarcasm

Honestly I think the Patriots are in for a down season and maybe even a few seasons. I feel like Brady has been in a decline since the playoffs last year, it's subtle but if you look at his numbers it's there. And here's the thing about QBs they just fall off a cliff, anyone remember Farve's first season in Minn? The dude had an all time season, similar to what Brady just did. Heck look at Peyton in DEN, one season he's unstoppable the next he's benched for Brock FREAKING Oswiler. But how does this effect the patriots? Well as I see it they got Garapollo under contract IF they franchise him, which is going to cost a lot. I mean with Carr and Stafford making 25 million a year some team like the Niners will break the bank on a young talent like him. Then what? They start over with some random guy in the draft? There are some good prospects out there but you gotta think teams like SF, NYJ, JAX or MIA are going to go hard for these QBs. The Patriot's reign will come to an end and soon.

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I concur this game effectively helped the Raiders chances at having one of the best records in the AFC. I mean I'd like to play the chiefs at full force but without berry their chances really do improve as he is the best safety not on the Seahawks roster.

But off course no one is going to drop the Pats out of the top five, because Brady is the GOAT and BB will figure things out in a month like always. #sarcasm

Honestly I think the Patriots are in for a down season and maybe even a few seasons. I feel like Brady has been in a decline since the playoffs last year, it's subtle but if you look at his numbers it's there. And here's the thing about QBs they just fall off a cliff, anyone remember Farve's first season in Minn? The dude had an all time season, similar to what Brady just did. Heck look at Peyton in DEN, one season he's unstoppable the next he's benched for Brock FREAKING Oswiler. But how does this effect the patriots? Well as I see it they got Garapollo under contract IF they franchise him, which is going to cost a lot. I mean with Carr and Stafford making 25 million a year some team like the Niners will break the bank on a young talent like him. Then what? They start over with some random guy in the draft? There are some good prospects out there but you gotta think teams like SF, NYJ, JAX or MIA are going to go hard for these QBs. The Patriot's reign will come to an end and soon.

I noticed last year, should have posted it then. Brady has lost zip. Not just some thing where he can get it back, like an injury or such. It's age, it's not ever coming back no matter how much he works out or throws the ball. Welcome to 40, and as someone in their mid 40s I know this quite well. Your burst of youth is gone. Fitness and strength are still possible with effort, but the burst of youth is not. I haven't paid attention to his numbers. But I did notice it acutely during last year. 

Accuracy and savvy can still keep you functioning, but only take you so far and for so long in a game played on speed and youth.

I saw some chatter in other forums and on Bleacher Report that Saints Safety Kenny Vaccaro is on the block.

I know he had a promising rookie campaign, but I'll admit I've kinda lost track of him. I know he's battled injuries and was suspended last year. Any insight on fit, and whether you think we're interested. I know our D looked much better than  it did last year, but with Nelson aging and in a contract year, Obi on IR, it looks like Joseph is the only Solid Safety on the Roster.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, R8DR8five said:

I saw some chatter in other forums and on Bleacher Report that Saints Safety Kenny Vaccaro is on the block.

I know he had a promising rookie campaign, but I'll admit I've kinda lost track of him. I know he's battled injuries and was suspended last year. Any insight on fit, and whether you think we're interested. I know our D looked much better than  it did last year, but with Nelson aging and in a contract year, Obi on IR, it looks like Joseph is the only Solid Safety on the Roster.

Thoughts?

Pass. Even with obi on IR I can't see Vaccaro adding much, now if there's a LB on the block maybe. 

Archived