Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mack is amazing, but he doesn't do that on our defense. He doesn't get 1v1 opportunities on our defense. I'll wait till tomorrow to overreact. He's a great player. We knew that.

You never seen him with a real d cordinator or a talent on dline with him. How do you know he wouldnt get opportunities now. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mack is amazing, but he doesn't do that on our defense. He doesn't get 1v1 opportunities on our defense. I'll wait till tomorrow to overreact. He's a great player. We knew that.

what sucks is Mack best Raider football could have been ahead of him. Instead of a knucklehead suspended next to him in Aldon Smith, we draft A Key.. Actually have potential interior pass  rushers, and also an actual Defensive coordinator to help him shine even more...Gruden threw that all away

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Idk we added some talent and a better DC, the plan should have been to get Mack some help.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

You never seen him with a real d cordinator or a talent on dline with him. How do you know he wouldnt get opportunities now. 

I don't know. He may have been incredible for us this year. But many of the best defenses in the league, like New England (scoring defense under patricia), minnesota, etc. were built with a lot of good players and a lack of weaknesses. And a bunch of good rushers but not a ton of top tier players like Mack. The defense has had many holes and we could potentially win now with this team. I understand Mack is an incredible player, but try to separate emotions from team building.

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Lets save money by not paying our best player so we can pay 5 scrubs, makes sense!

This is a dumb take. Why do they have to be 5 scrubs? Team has to pay Cooper next year. Then can be more active in FA. 

With guys like Tevin Coleman, Barr, Clowney (lol), KJ Wright, Mosley, Verrett, Roby, Collins, Earl Thomas, Matheiu, etc. all coming up in the FA class, it gives the Raiders a chance to spend on some good, not great type players to round out the roster.

Archived