Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

The Cowboys are a mess, they are like this organization, rotten up top. They have so much talent on offense and defense but they refuse to make changes to their coaching staff who in turn refuses to change their offense to fit Dak. Dak is stupid inaccurate so instead of giving him a big WR like Mike Evans, they get him a finesse guy like coop. Jason Garret is basically Jeff Fisher big expectations but 9-7 8-8 almost every year. Jerry Jones is basically Al. The Cowboys are an underachieving mess. 

Im so glad we got a first from them. 

7 hours ago, Chali21 said:

The Cowboys are a mess, they are like this organization, rotten up top. They have so much talent on offense and defense but they refuse to make changes to their coaching staff who in turn refuses to change their offense to fit Dak. Dak is stupid inaccurate so instead of giving him a big WR like Mike Evans, they get him a finesse guy like coop. Jason Garret is basically Jeff Fisher big expectations but 9-7 8-8 almost every year. Jerry Jones is basically Al. The Cowboys are an underachieving mess. 

Im so glad we got a first from them. 

Dak is gritty, he just doesn't have the arm for the NFL. And yes, Jerry is a modern day Al Davis. Wants to do anything to win another Championship, but makes a lot of poor decisions in the process.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

should have got more in that Mack trade, pick in the 20s lame.... Should have asked for Roquen Smith or something

Where we screwed up is excepting their offer when there was a possibility of multiple offers.  Why they did not contact all the teams that had offers on the table still blows my mind.  That should never happen.  Stupid mistake on the level of the Austin Howard's contract mistake.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

should have got more in that Mack trade, pick in the 20s lame.... Should have asked for Roquen Smith or something

Short-sighted. 

Let's go worst case scenario and say they win division. They arent getting 1st round bye, and they likely play a team like Carolina round 1. Theyre losing that game. So our pick is around 20-22.

Fast forward to next year. They have a 1st place schedule instead of the straight cupcake schedule of 2018. Rams/Saints instead of Giants/Bucs. AFC best instead of AFC least. They will drop like a rock and we are looking at a top 10-12 pick.

Either they tail off to end this season and miss playoffs (my prediction), have a much tougher schedule next year, or both. 

People need to calm down on the Bears. Theyre like .5 game up on Vikings and they play Minny twice--this next one is off a bye for Minny so they have 2 weeks to prepare.

Minny is 100% the better team. Bears will be lucky to make playoffs. 

Why is everyone impressed by wins over Bills/Jets/Bucs/Cards? Yall understand those teams blow? Let's see them against Vikes, Rams, Pack rematch...hell the Lions should take one.

3 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

People need to calm down on the Bears. Theyre like .5 game up on Vikings and they play Minny twice--this next one is off a bye for Minny so they have 2 weeks to prepare.

Minny is 100% the better team. Bears will be lucky to make playoffs. 

Why is everyone impressed by wins over Bills/Jets/Bucs/Cards? Yall understand those teams blow? Let's see them against Vikes, Rams, Pack rematch...hell the Lions should take one.

I'm not treating them like they're a 1 seed but it is possible they make the playoffs, as you acknowledged. Which would put their pick in the 20s somewhere. Which I don't like. I don't think I've said anything disagreeable. They have a cake schedule this season, as is the case when a team is bad. The Chiefs do something like this every 5 years

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I'm not treating them like they're a 1 seed but it is possible they make the playoffs, as you acknowledged. Which would put their pick in the 20s somewhere. Which I don't like. I don't think I've said anything disagreeable. They have a cake schedule this season, as is the case when a team is bad. The Chiefs do something like this every 5 years

Cake schedule so far. Let's see how they do against real teams, because they have only played 2 teams that have winning records (0-2) and only 1 division game (0-1). 

Of course it's possible they make playoffs, they are in 1st in their division. Unlikely they stay there.

I'm not exactly following the Chiefs reference as they have gone from last to first only twice since realignment (and winning record past 6 years). Maybe I am missing your point.

If we get 20th pick (instead of what, 16th pick many were expecting) and say 10th pick next year is that really a big issue?

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Cake schedule so far. Let's see how they do against real teams, because they have only played 2 teams that have winning records (0-2) and only 1 division game (0-1). 

Of course it's possible they make playoffs, they are in 1st in their division. Unlikely they stay there.

I'm not exactly following the Chiefs reference as they have gone from last to first only twice since realignment (and winning record past 6 years). Maybe I am missing your point.

If we get 20th pick (instead of what, 16th pick many were expecting) and say 10th pick next year is that really a big issue?

Potentially yes. You know how the draft goes. Hard to say until it happens.  Idk what we can really do about it though. Just saying I hope we get the best picks we can is all. Hence hoping Chicago misses the playoffs 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Potentially yes. You know how the draft goes. Hard to say until it happens.  Idk what we can really do about it though. Just saying I hope we get the best picks we can is all. Hence hoping Chicago misses the playoffs 

My predictions:

Bears remaining schedule: Lions, Vikings, Lions - I see them going 1-2 in this stretch. 

Giants, Rams, Packers, 9ers, Vikings - 3 wins in this stretch. That would put them 9-7

Missing the playoffs at 9-7, based on the 2018 draft would put the pick anywhere from 16 - 21.

I'd say 70% chance that pick is 16-21 right now. 20% it's >21 (they win a couple divions games and get into the playoffs). 10% the pick is 15 or lower. They'd have to hit a wall and win 2 games on that slate.

Cowboys remaining schedule:

Eagles, Falcons, Redskins Saints, Eagles, Colts, Bucs, Giants 

Their schedule is tough. I will give them 2 games out of that slate. They could easily loose them all until week 16. Things could get ugly for that team. 

At 5-11, based on 2018, that would be pick 5-7

Raiders - I'll give them a win over the CardinalsCardinals don't win another game. Giants take #1 overall pick 

I'll predict picks #3 (Raiders), pick #6 (Dallas) and pick #20 (Bears)

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My predictions:

Bears remaining schedule: Lions, Vikings, Lions - I see them going 1-2 in this stretch. 

Giants, Rams, Packers, 9ers, Vikings - 3 wins in this stretch. That would put them 9-7

Missing the playoffs at 9-7, based on the 2018 draft would put the pick anywhere from 16 - 21.

I'd say 70% chance that pick is 16-21 right now. 20% it's >21 (they win a couple divions games and get into the playoffs). 10% the pick is 15 or lower. They'd have to hit a wall and win 2 games on that slate.

Their schedule is tough. I will give them 2 games out of that slate. They could easily loose them all until week 16. Things could get ugly for that team. 

Raiders - I'll give them a win over the CardinalsCardinals don't win another game. Giants take #1 overall pick 

Two top 6 picks would be insane. If the Raiders don’t come away with impact players it will be a massive showing of incompetence. 

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My predictions:

Two top 6 picks would be insane. If the Raiders don’t come away with impact players it will be a massive showing of incompetence. 

For the Bears pick to be a top 15 they would have to lose both lions games and both Vikings games. They got an extremely easy start to their schedule. The Bears pick with be in the 20s. 

I’m rooting big time for the Eagles and Falcons next two weeks. 

Archived