Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Keep things in perspective. Dallas was down 2 starting CBs yesterday and Sanders had his way. 

I also think Dallas will slide this season. Lost a couple pieces on that Oline and their D has some holes.

I totally agree with this. The Cowboys are a better version of the Jags, they need to be ahead to do damage. Once they got behind Denver could just pen their ears back and hold them off. Also that Cowboy defense is pretty overrated, their lack of depth will catch up to them and it did yesterday.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I totally agree with this. The Cowboys are a better version of the Jags, they need to be ahead to do damage. Once they got behind Denver could just pen their ears back and hold them off. Also that Cowboy defense is pretty overrated, their lack of depth will catch up to them and it did yesterday.

Denver went 8 in the box and dared Dak to beat them and he wasn't up for the challenge. People are so quick to crown QBs (Bortles another example) before they have a body of work. And I mean game situations. Easy to play with a lead and manage a game. Harder to come back from a hole. Denver made him look mediocre in every phase. 

Let's see how he responds because teams will be bringing similar game plans to him now.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Denver went 8 in the box and dared Dak to beat them and he wasn't up for the challenge. People are so quick to crown QBs (Bortles another example) before they have a body of work. And I mean game situations. Easy to play with a lead and manage a game. Harder to come back from a hole. Denver made him look mediocre in every phase. 

Let's see how he responds because teams will be bringing similar game plans to him now.

I can see JDR employing a similar tactic when they play in DEC. It seems he likes getting ahead of teams that rely on their running game or teams that are weaker on passing offense. I have a hard time seeing this offense keeping up with the Raiders.

17 minutes ago, Jerry said:

The NFL really needs to slide KC or Denver over to the AFC South and bring either the Colts or Jaguars to our division.  Our division could end up representing half of the playoff teams in the AFC this year.

Yeah, KC shouldn't be in our division if you go by region but they're currently the closest.

Last year I tried to fix the divisions.

It's harder than you think.

I ended up relocating Jacksonville to Salt Lake City (SLC Summit) and Buffalo to OKC (OKC Bills)

Divison would

AFC

West - Oak/LV, AZ, Den, SLC   Mid West - OKC, KC, Dal, Hou    Central - Tenn, Indy, Car , Cinn    North East - Was, Bal, Cle, Pitt

NFC

Pacific - LAR, SF, Sea, LAC   North - Min, Det, GB, Chi    South - Atl, NO, TB, Mia    Atlantic - NE, NYG, Phi, NYJ

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Teams don't have 3 of the best CB's in the NFL in there secondary.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That Bronco defense makes alot of people look mediocre. Tom Brady, Big Ben,  Rodgers, hell even our own Derek Carr has never had what i would call a good game against that defense.

Dak having a bad game there shouldn't be an indictment on him as a QB. He is still a very good young QB.

6 hours ago, Darkness said:

It sucks Carr has to face arguably the 2 best pass defenses 4 times a season, but that's where adding Lynch should really help

Im actually glad he does. It can only make him better facing tough competition. All the great corners and pass rushers in our division test him constantly and thats a blessing in disguise. He will be ready for anything. If he is truly elite now he NEEDS to do better against Denver and ESPECIALLY Kansas city this year! 

10 hours ago, Darkness said:

It sucks Carr has to face arguably the 2 best pass defenses 4 times a season, but that's where adding Lynch should really help

If he's able to put up points against them then he can put up points against anyone.  It's a great measurement of where our offense is at and whether or not it is capable of carrying us through the playoffs.  Hopefully the Raiders win and learn from those games and use those lessons to win again when it really matters.

Archived