Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

Yeah, I went into full-on serious mode there for no reason. :ph34r:

But yeah, I really hope we don't go the Fitzpatrick route. His alternation between being sublime one week and abysmal the next would probably make Gruden's head explode, though, which might be a good thing.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:11 AM, Nightmare said:

Yeah, I went into full-on serious mode there for no reason. :ph34r:

But yeah, I really hope we don't go the Fitzpatrick route. His alternation between being sublime one week and abysmal the next would probably make Gruden's head explode, though, which might be a good thing.

I think Gruden would be a good coach for Fitz.  The mistakes he makes are specifically what Gruden tries to eliminate in his scheme.  9 times out of ten a Fitz int happens because he is throwing a jump ball forcing it down field or is late on a read.  Most of his mistakes are because he does not realize his limitations in arm strength.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:21 PM, Humble_Beast said:

do people want Fitz because we hit the lottery with Gannon 20 years ago... that was an outliner and so rare for a QB to shine so late in his career. Gannon was a safety, and Fitz had many chances to prove he is a good starting QB... never has happened... 

Fitz is a career backup who can play well in a pinch. He's never been anything more and everytime someone has asked him to be more, he falls flat on his face.

Hard pass. Plus Gannon was a scientist with plus accuracy. Fitz is just a wannabe Brett Favre chucking the ball over the place

Archived