Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wonder if signing Mack contributes to them losing Amos and Massey in FA. 

They will be an interesting team. I agree with you on their window and I still have questions on if Trubisky is the guy. He should have had 4 INTs yesterday in the first half alone. Still throwing into crowds. 

And they are without picks in round 1 or 2 this year so getting help in areas becomes tough. 

Bryce callahan too. I'm not PFF's biggest fan, but their 9th best corner this year. He will leave when a team offers him 9-10 million per year.

They could be the jaguars of this year. Or at least take a step back in a competitive division with a tough schedule.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dak is another average-ish QB who the media pumps up.  If he get's down big, early and the Cowgirls have to ride his coattails, it will be a very ugly game.  

Funny how you are so quick to crap all over and down average QBs like Tribuisky and Prescott, but slobber all over our average QB in Carr like hes proven to be better than either of those guys.

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I mentioned Fangio previously.... but they've narrowed it down since to the 2 guys. Just updating as it effects the Raiders in 2 ways if it's Fangio.  

Yeah, your reasoning is based on assumptions though. The things we know for sure are that Vic is a very good defensive coach and the Broncos need one badly to capitalize on the studs they have on the roster.

Turning the Broncos into a defensive monster again is not in our best interest imo.

13 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, your reasoning is based on assumptions though. The things we know for sure are that Vic is a very good defensive coach and the Broncos need one badly to capitalize on the studs they have on the roster.

Turning the Broncos into a defensive monster again is not in our best interest imo.

It's all assumption at this point. I would say their offense needs more help. And they need to find a QB. An offensive hire would be more suitable with the defensive talent in place. Otherwise, you have the makings of a Minnesota type situation with Zimmer

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's all assumption at this point. I would say their offense needs more help. And they need to find a QB. An offensive hire would be more suitable with the defensive talent in place. Otherwise, you have the makings of a Minnesota type situation with Zimmer

Plenty of defensive coaches have won with the right OC hire.

I can see Vic going after Greg Roman (who he worked with on the 9ners or even the QB coach while he was there, Geep Chryst, who is currently the Broncos TE coach but has experience as a OC.

But I don't see either of us moving off our points, so let's just hope that Vic leaves but goes somewhere else...

Best outcome for us both haha.

21 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bryce callahan too. I'm not PFF's biggest fan, but their 9th best corner this year. He will leave when a team offers him 9-10 million per year.

They could be the jaguars of this year. Or at least take a step back in a competitive division with a tough schedule.

Maybe they go south but I don't think Amos matters much, Eddie Jackson is the star of that secondary.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

But I don't see either of us moving off our points, so let's just hope that Vic leaves but goes somewhere else...

Best outcome for us both haha.

lol agreed. I think I just want Vic to leave Chicago to screw them up a little for next year. 

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Funny how you are so quick to crap all over and down average QBs like Tribuisky and Prescott, but slobber all over our average QB in Carr like hes proven to be better than either of those guys.

You could argue that both of them are better especially when you take into account rushing.

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
GP ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST      

16 381 553 68.9 4,049 7.32 19 66 10 11 49.3 93.9
16 24 47 2 15 1 5 1 0      

16 356 526 67.7 3,885 7.39 22 90 8 8 58.6 96.9
16 75 305 4.1 28 6 25 4 1      

14 289 434 66.6 3,223 7.43 24 70 12 5 72.8 95.4
14 68 421 6.2 39 3 29 1 1      

On 1/8/2019 at 12:29 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

He is. It's pretty evident watching them. No ones saying he's elite, but clearly IMO, I'd take him over those two.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He is. It's pretty evident watching them. No ones saying he's elite, but clearly IMO, I'd take him over those two.

Dak Prescott isnt as talented as Carr as a pure thrower of the ball but he's tougher and grittier, capable of making the off schedule plays and plays outside of the pocket, and is basically a lock to run for 5+TDs a year. 

If you look at their just their passing numbers the last three years they are very similar, but Dak adds a element with his legs Carr will never have. 

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Dak Prescott isnt as talented as Carr as a pure thrower of the ball but he's tougher and grittier, capable of making the off schedule plays and plays outside of the pocket, and is basically a lock to run for 5+TDs a year. 

If you look at their just their passing numbers the last three years they are very similar, but Dak adds a element with his legs Carr will never have. 

Agreed which is funny because carr is prob faster

• Product of the social landscape of pro football for the last 30+ years.  Year after year an amazing athlete comes out of college who just happens to play college QB.  Fans and coaches alike become enamored with the potential of the prospect and what he could do on their team. 
  • Time after time, failure.  Why? Who is to say for sure, but it is what it is.  There has never been a long term successful running, scrambling, or mobile QB in the NFL since before the merger.
  • Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Steve Young are the only three that come to mind that you could possibly argue with having a title each. Being able to escape the pocket and make plays with your legs is definitely a nice skill to have.
  • Fact remains though that 90+% of all Super Bowl winning QBs are traditional pocket passers that are frankly immobile statues. Tom Brady celebrated this year after getting his 1,000th rushing yard, in his 18th season.

Archived