Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yup, even if we throw in Roberts or Washington, the 2nd rd pick is just too much for a one year rental and the comp pick next season.

I would do a third because your basically guaranteed a 3rd round comp pick the next year, but I agree that a 2nd is a bit more than I would like to spend on a guy that isnt guaranteed to be back.  I think we could make room for him, but then a few years down the line we would be pretty strapped after signing Mack and Cooper.

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Phillip Dorsett to the Pats for a back up QB.  Makes me sick.  Guess he'll play deep threat and let Cooks play the Edelman role for them.

The most disgusting part of this is that it's their 3RD stringer. You could argue that the system made brissett look good and he was 1-1 as a starter with a 44% QBR.

Bill may have gotten an even better deal than people thing if Dorsett can play like his senior yr which isnt a stretch because he is now a year removed from the injury and was coming on at the end of the 2016.

46 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

The most disgusting part of this is that it's their 3RD stringer. You could argue that the system made brissett look good and he was 1-1 as a starter with a 44% QBR.

Bill may have gotten an even better deal than people thing if Dorsett can play like his senior yr which isnt a stretch because he is now a year removed from the injury and was coming on at the end of the 2016.

Right?  Indianapolis was just about the worst place for him to go with TY Hilton already there.  Was a fan of his.  On behalf of the NFL: Thanks, Grigson.

11 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

It's just week 1 but it's still funny considering how hyped up the Pats were.

In their defense they lost Edelman, Amendola, and Mitchell.  So their WR core outside of Cooks and Hogan is pretty depleted.  They also had the lead pretty much the whole night and 2 4th and 1 stops by the Chiefs(1 in the 1st quarter and 1 in the 4th) secured the Chiefs the win.  Its not like the Pats were terrible and got beat up last night.  Chiefs looked good, but the Pats were in the game until 4 minutes left in the 4th.

3 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I went on the Chief's forum.  Their coach Andy Reid confirmed Berry has a ruptured Achilles.  He's out for the season.  Bad luck.

Dang. Berry has had it pretty rough. Gotta hate it for the guy. Great player, was having a great game last night doing one of the hardest things to do in football (covering Gronk). Tough break for the Chiefs for sure.

10 hours ago, mct288 said:

Dang. Berry has had it pretty rough. Gotta hate it for the guy. Great player, was having a great game last night doing one of the hardest things to do in football (covering Gronk). Tough break for the Chiefs for sure.

His stop on 4th and 1 was a huge play.  You can't teach that.  He hit the hole better than the RB did.  They're really going to miss him this season.  

Archived