New KC players signed

valkrei

Wondered whether Manuel should be considered a replacement of henne for cap reasons. No way. Cuitting Henne would clear just 1.5 M$. Manuel adds approx. 1 M$, so it's not worth the effort. Unless some team wants to trade for Henne (which I doubt any team would do).

46 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Didn’t see a free agency thread anywhere here, but curious why you guys are considering letting Mitch Morse walk. Was he that bad at C or just that he’ll cost too much? Seems young and started a bunch of games. Thanks!

I think he'll cost too much for us. We have a lot of high profile guys to sign and we can't afford to give him a deal that he's worth. Our depth is good enough to let him walk and hopefully net us a comp pick. My only concern with him is his concussion history. But he's a great player.

38 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think he'll cost too much for us. We have a lot of high profile guys to sign and we can't afford to give him a deal that he's worth. Our depth is good enough to let him walk and hopefully net us a comp pick. My only concern with him is his concussion history. But he's a great player.

Yup, he’s a good player.  The concussion problem should definitely be factored in though, seems he missed 2-4 games every time he gets one.   Not sure if that is our training staffs decision, but he’s had one too many for it not to be worrisome.

Archived