Kony Ealy Released

PatriotsWin!

BB quote

I just think it's one of those things that didn't work out or wasn't going to work out. Nobody's fault. He worked hard. We worked hard. A lot of effort put in, but in the end, we didn't feel like this was going to work out. It gives him an opportunity about a week ahead of next week to hopefully create a better opportunity for himself. I think he deserved that. He did everything we asked him to do. It just didn't work out for either one of us like we hoped it would.

21 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I intend to fly out to Boston tomorrow.

I'm 6'1 and 207lbs, 30 years old, never played football before in my life, and have a dodgy back.

I firmly expect to make this team as a rotational DE.

7 sacks minimum

#SystemPlayer

Always thought he would turn out to be a solid rotational pass rusher at the least. If you can't make it on two teams who develop pass rushers as well as Carolina and New England, I'm not so sure you can cut it in the league....

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

He got claimed by the Jets

TODD BOWLES: OK, Kony, we brought you in for one reason - tell us everything you know about the Patriots playbook.

KONY EALY: Coach, if I could understand their playbook we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

7 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

TODD BOWLES: OK, Kony, we brought you in for one reason - tell us everything you know about the Patriots playbook.

KONY EALY: Coach, if I could understand their playbook we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

xD

Yeah, so as mentioned by others, the DE depth as it stood before this release not even being a slight consideration is a damning indictment. Any chance of drafting Ninko back from retirement after Week 6 or something?  

9 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

There's a couple cuts floating around like Ahmad Brooks and Desmond Bryant.  I wonder if the Pats gap fill with someone off the wire or just continue with this motley crew.

I think Brooks would be a guy to kick the tires on. Otherwise we're probably looking at the trade market for the answer

10 hours ago, keysersoze3421 said:

There's a couple cuts floating around like Ahmad Brooks and Desmond Bryant.  I wonder if the Pats gap fill with someone off the wire or just continue with this motley crew.

Not sure Bryant would be a guy to help with the edge rushing problem.

Hightower apparently has worked with pass rushers, recently. Works for me - not like he's a great cover guy anyway. I still think checking out Freeney or even Williams is worth it.

Archived