The Combine Discussion Thread

WindyCity

Interesting take from DJ on NFL network...he says he feels there is a drop off after Jacobs and if you took a guy at #40 he would be very similar to a guy at #85...hopefully he is right and teams stay clear of RBs a bit more this draft.

I believe Henderson is similar to Kamara athletically. Kamara clocked a 4.56 40 at the combine and may not have top end speed, but his short-area burst and balance are elite.

I'm curious about the vert and broad jump numbers as I think those convey short-area quickness and explosion more than 40 times.

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I believe Henderson is similar to Kamara athletically. Kamara clocked a 4.56 40 at the combine and may not have top end speed, but his short-area burst and balance are elite.

I'm curious about the vert and broad jump numbers as I think those convey short-area quickness and explosion more than 40 times.

I was actually underwhelmed with Henderson's short area quickness when watching him...he seems far more like a one cut and go guy...compare him at the LOS to Montgomery or Sanders and he is a step behind.

Sanders is much more athletic than I'd expected... Thought he looked very slow in the tape I saw. 

I'm not at a place where I can easily look up results right now, how about Singletary, Pollard, and Harris?  Still wish Darwin Thompson had gotten an invite as well. 

Running backs that impressed...

Sanders 

Armstead

James Williams

Henderson ran well but did not participate in drills.  

Hill ran 4.40 with a 40” vertical.  

Gaskin was all around solid.  

I thought Scarlett impressed too.  That dude is in great physical shape.  

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Miles Sanders is looking like a real option.

Good size, good 40, great explosive numbers. 

Low wear and tear because he sat behind Saquan.

Still concerned that his speed doesn't imo seem to show up on tape... His lateral movement is good, but I was shocked his 40 time was that good, I expected him to be near Montgomery in that area.... 

I will say that his performance today moved him up my board, but I'd still have him below Henderson overall. Well see how they shake out after the agility drills (which I expect Sanders to do better on, and well see where Henderson ends up) 

Regardless, RB is also an area in more than willing to double dip on this year.. Cunningham is entirely replaceable (I actually was let down with him this year) and Mizzell doesn't belong on an NFL roster. 

Pollard, Thompson, and Love (if he slips via his injury) could all be great options. 

Archived