The Combine Discussion Thread

WindyCity

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Miles Sanders is looking like a real option.

Good size, good 40, great explosive numbers. 

Low wear and tear because he sat behind Saquan.

For me Sanders was always a strong option...

Montgomery was who I figured he would be even if the vertical was a surprise...

Holyfield was a shock...went back and looked at the tape and that is not a 4.8 player in pads...his workout compared to his tape was Suggs like...sure it moves him down but I still trust the tape...

Any three would be a quality pick for me.

Today only amplified to me that it’s unlikely that Henderson or Montgomery get to us at 87. Outside of Sanders, who I now fear will also be gone by 87, I don’t see any of the other guys as a 2019 big piece for us. 

N’Keal Harry with 27 bench reps tho... 🔱 

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Today only amplified to me that it’s unlikely that Henderson or Montgomery get to us at 87. Outside of Sanders, who I now fear will also be gone by 87, I don’t see any of the other guys as a 2019 big piece for us. 

N’Keal Harry with 27 bench reps tho... 🔱 

I honestly think the tape tells a totally different story to what happened today...you watch Henderson and he clearly looks more like his 2nd run than his first...you watch Sanders, Montgomery & Holyfield and it's flipped on it's head...Holyfield looks the fastest in a straight line, Montgomery has the best short area quickness and Sanders probably looks the slowest...I don't think today is going to have as big an impact as some do...that said I also expect Holyfield and Montgomery to test better at the pro days...

I think out of the 4 of them at least two will still be on the board as I expect Jacobs, Harris and potentially Hill to go earlier (maybe even Singletary tho I have no idea why).

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Miles Sanders is looking like a real option.

Good size, good 40, great explosive numbers. 

Low wear and tear because he sat behind Saquan.

He's been my guy for a while... I was hoping he'd fly under the radar but this is going to make scouts re-evaluate him (assuming they didn't like him in the first place, which I doubt).

Damnit.

Doing a bit more digging into the TEs and another west coast guys came up...Kahale Warring...another 6-5" 250lbs athlete he is even quicker and more agile than Oliver...not the blocker and couldn't play inline for a couple of years till he adds strength and gets better blocking technique but with how quick and agile he is the dude is a nightmare to cover for LBs or Safeties...either of theses guys in the 4th would be awesome IMO. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Doing a bit more digging into the TEs and another west coast guys came up...Kahale Warring...another 6-5" 250lbs athlete he is even quicker and more agile than Oliver...not the blocker and couldn't play inline for a couple of years till he adds strength and gets better blocking technique but with how quick and agile he is the dude is a nightmare to cover for LBs or Safeties...either of theses guys in the 4th would be awesome IMO. 

I was hoping no one would mention Warring and I'd be the first in my first mock draft. Damn you :)

I like Trevon Wesco late in the draft.
He's a 6'3 1/2 and 267lbs TE with nearly 35" arms and had average to above average measurements except his 40. He played FB at the senior bowl and some for West Virginia as well. He was used mostly as a blocking TE though but he has the hands, I am not sure about his route running.

I guess anyone taken late is a project anyway, Trevon has the tools and versatility.

Archived