Pre Combine/FA Mock Draft

Trentwannabe

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think you are over thinking the cost of this. Enunwa, Woods, Lockett, Stills, Tyrell are all #2 wrs. I dont think Tyrell is going to get that amount. I think he will come away with a contract similar to Enunwa or Moncrief which is around 9-10 mil per year which has been the going rate for a #2 wr on a team which is what Tyrell is. Robert Woods is good and i hated that he left Buffalo but in no way would I pay him 16 mil if he were a free agent now let alone in 2022 when he is a free agent. Anything 14+ mil is stating this guy is your #1 playmaker and anything over 15 mil is elite status. There has never been flashes of elite status from tyrell let alone consistency of it. He cannot do what Julio, Aj, AB, Odel, Hill can do. I think Watkins, Evans and Cooks are getting over paid yet those guys to me are better then Tyrell. Realistically if bills were going to spend the money on him I hope its nothing more then a 3 year 30 mil deal because that is what his market is likely going to be. I would even say I would rather give Golden Tate that 3 years 30 mil over Tyrell because he has proven to be a playmaker after the catch, tyrell is just a tall fast target for deep threat, his possessional skills are meh as he tends to drop the ball quite often. I think this is the only real hang up we are having with your mock offseason, which I think is a fairly good offseason. Just dont want to be wrapped up in a crappy deal long term with a wr because your essentially putting all your eggs in that basket moving forward and that was one of Whaleys downfalls investing the future in Sammy Watkins and it failed miserably. 

To the bolded. I agree for the most part. But Enunwa is the latest example and that his without hitting free agency. Woods and Stills got that type of money two years ago on the open market. Inflation of the cap alone suggest Williams will receive more on the open market. I remember when the Bills re-signed Stevie Johnson and his avg. per year was like 7 million. People couldn't believe we gave him number 1 type money. As the cap goes up, so will the market for these guys. Also for what it is worth Robert Woods was the #1 in LA last year, at least in terms of targets.

I can understand not wanting to pay Williams that kind of money, it is a lot. And if I had time to do another mock I would likely lower the guaranteed money, But right now I would bet good money he gets a contract avg. $13 mil a season. Maybe just 12.5 if its to a Super Bowl contender lol

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm starting to like Yodney Cajuste and Elgton Jenkins as round 3-5 guys for our OL. Both guys offer great flexibility

I am in love with all the Centers this year. Jenkins, McCoy, Bradbury heck I would even draft Jonah Williams and play him there if we added a veteran Guard and RT.

Archived