Offseason Rumors

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Maybe, maybe not. But if they have female candidates they're interviewing for coaching positions, or any position for that matter, I would hope they hire who they feel is the best candidate for the job, regardless of sex. 

I mean. He filled out the entire (extended) coaching staff first. 

He's just looking to expand the coaching process to everyone. And that's pretty cool.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. He filled out the entire (extended) coaching staff first. 

He's just looking to expand the coaching process to everyone. And that's pretty cool.

Yeah I guess it's not typical to have assistant D-line and assistant strength and conditioning coaches lol. I mean I'm not sure if other teams have those positions. If not, then yes I would say it's innovative. 

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We are going to be using a lot of 3 man fronts. I am opposed to DTs in the first round unless they can be a pass rushing force. Q displays dominance as a rusher inside. Ideally we want the top flight edge guy but its unlikely Allen or Bosa slips. Nothing wrong with having good interior players on D. Its a boring pick but controlling the LOS is the first step into building a good defense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indifference said:

We are going to be using a lot of 3 man fronts. I am opposed to DTs in the first round unless they can be a pass rushing force. Q displays dominance as a rusher inside. Ideally we want the top flight edge guy but its unlikely Allen or Bosa slips. Nothing wrong with having good interior players on D. Its a boring pick but controlling the LOS is the first step into building a good defense.

I mean. It's a "rumor" from a guy that I only know of because he makes alt jerseys. 😂

But it's certainly a possibility. And it makes sense. And it would give us a reason to free up $13M in a McCoy trade that a lot of folks seem to want.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. It's a "rumor" from a guy that I only know of because he makes alt jerseys. 😂

But it's certainly a possibility. And it makes sense. And it would give us a reason to free up $13M in a McCoy trade that a lot of folks seem to want.

The strength of the Rams defense was Donald, Suh, and Brockers, ironically all first rounders.  It s a no brainer for me if Quinnen is there at 5, he is the pick.  Calais Campbell 2.0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Agreed 100% with everything you said. Williams is arguably the best player in this entire draft. You don't pass on that if he falls in your lap, even if you have the DL filled...

Sadly, I don't see him getting past the Raiders. I think that's his floor come draft day...

I'll take Josh Allen as the consolation prize though!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed 100% with everything you said. Williams is arguably the best player in this entire draft. You don't pass on that if he falls in your lap, even if you have the DL filled...

Sadly, I don't see him getting past the Raiders. I think that's his floor come draft day...

I'll take Josh Allen as the consolation prize though!!

Yeah. Mayock's comment about talking to QBs every year he worked the combine is what makes me agree. He said almost every QB told him they hated pressure up the middle more than any other thing a defense can do.

Mayock jumped up to the booth during the dline 40 times at the combine. He talked the whole time like he has for years. Until Gary ran his 40. Mayock stopped and just watched. An interior pass rush has to be what he wants most.

They have a bunch of rotational/depth guys on the interior. But they don't have a the guy. Q would be that guy.

"Pass rushers are hard to find."

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. Mayock's comment about talking to QBs every year he worked the combine is what makes me agree. He said almost every QB told him they hated pressure up the middle more than any other thing a defense can do.

Mayock jumped up to the booth during the dline 40 times at the combine. He talked the whole time like he has for years. Until Gary ran his 40. Mayock stopped and just watched. An interior pass rush has to be what he wants most.

They have a bunch of rotational/depth guys on the interior. But they don't have a the guy. Q would be that guy.

"Pass rushers are hard to find."

Yeah I think Raiders wont pass on him unless Allen is there. we need a team to trade up to #2 and take a qb. That way we get one or the other.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah I think Raiders wont pass on him unless Allen is there. we need a team to trade up to #2 and take a qb. That way we get one or the other.

I think the wildcard for a trade down is the Jets at #3. Lot of buzz about them wanting to move back a recoup picks...

I currently forsee:

1. ARI - Murray

2. SF - Bosa or William's

3. NYJ - trade out for a team looking to land Haskins

4. OAK - one of Bosa, Allen or Williams

That leaves us with the remaining piece of the big 3...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think the wildcard for a trade down is the Jets at #3. Lot of buzz about them wanting to move back a recoup picks...

I currently forsee:

1. ARI - Murray

2. SF - Bosa or William's

3. NYJ - trade out for a team looking to land Haskins

4. OAK - one of Bosa, Allen or Williams

That leaves us with the remaining piece of the big 3...

Jets missed out on Anthony barr and still didnt do anything about their OLB spot. If Bosa is gone they will go Allen. niners more likely to trade down after signing Ford imo. Either way a trade needs to happen for us to get a steal at 5. If we dont get lucky we need to trade down a few spots and reload on defense.

• Like 1

How many people would be opposed to swap 1's with the Niners and give up something like a 3rd and a 2 next year.  I'm just throwing out numbers but I think SF would still get a player they want at 5 and we can go get Bosa.  Why not make the move and get the best player at our need and going from 5 to 2 shouldn't cost the farm.  Maybe even add McCoy to the deal to open up that cap space we need as well.

15 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

How many people would be opposed to swap 1's with the Niners and give up something like a 3rd and a 2 next year.  I'm just throwing out numbers but I think SF would still get a player they want at 5 and we can go get Bosa.  Why not make the move and get the best player at our need and going from 5 to 2 shouldn't cost the farm.  Maybe even add McCoy to the deal to open up that cap space we need as well.

I would not be opposed to that. I’d take Allen before Bosa though but would not complain about either. Licht doesnt have the balls to move up.