Offseason Rumors

bucsfan333

Only way I’m trading back is if Q and Allen are gone. Can’t pass on one of those guys. My trade down targets at 10 would be Devin White or Ed Oliver. If we drop a bit lower maybe Devin Bush, Oliver or one of the Clemson DL.

But I really want Josh Allen.

Nassib - Vea - McCoy

JPP - Lee/Buchanan - David - Allen/Barrett

Solid front to me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder if Gary gets selected before Oliver.  This current regime has kept its intentions very much under wraps this offseason.  As good as PR has been at draft coverage for the Bucs, even I think they are grasping at straws what the Bucs favor this draft season.

We'll learn a lot more about how teams view Oliver after his pro day on the 28th. I wonder who, if anyone, we'll send. 

March 28
» Arkansas State, 8:15 a.m.
» Bryant, 2 p.m.
» Dartmouth, 9 a.m.
» Florida State, 1 p.m.
» Houston, 9:30 a.m.
» North Dakota State, 10:15 a.m.
» North Texas, 3 p.m.
» Ohio, 11:30 a.m.
» Southern Methodist, 10 a.m.
» Tennessee-Martin, 10 a.m.
» Towson, 9 a.m.
» Utah, 10 a.m.
» Virginia, 8:30 a.m.

I'm sure Licht will want as many people at these pro days as possible, looking for potential day three steals. But aside from Sweat at FSU, Oliver is really the only other big name on that date. We could send Bowles. We can talk to Sweat whenever since he goes to a Florida school.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We'll learn a lot more about how teams view Oliver after his pro day on the 28th. I wonder who, if anyone, we'll send. 

March 28
» Arkansas State, 8:15 a.m.
» Bryant, 2 p.m.
» Dartmouth, 9 a.m.
» Florida State, 1 p.m.
» Houston, 9:30 a.m.
» North Dakota State, 10:15 a.m.
» North Texas, 3 p.m.
» Ohio, 11:30 a.m.
» Southern Methodist, 10 a.m.
» Tennessee-Martin, 10 a.m.
» Towson, 9 a.m.
» Utah, 10 a.m.
» Virginia, 8:30 a.m.

I'm sure Licht will want as many people at these pro days as possible, looking for potential day three steals. But aside from Sweat at FSU, Oliver is really the only other big name on that date. We could send Bowles. We can talk to Sweat whenever since he goes to a Florida school.

or that Burns guy too.  😉

51 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

So for a couple of years UM didnt adjust

adjust or not an Elite prospect is going to produce

didnt he have like less than 10 sacks or something

super combine freak ala Vernon Gholston esque if you ask me

I don't know. That's something teams will have to figure out in interviews.

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Still dont. Evans is on the brink of being a bust.

How can any defensive young player be on the brink of being a bust when these guys were under the direction of a DC who doesn t have a job in the league?  The interim DC is now a consultant for the Bengals.  I find it telling they chose not to spend money at safety with a vet.  It leads me to believe they like Whitehead and Evans.  Maybe that will change after the draft.

This whole idea they didn t have money was bogus.  Could have restructured Evans and moved on from GMC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

How can any defensive young player be on the brink of being a bust when these guys were under the direction of a DC who doesn t have a job in the league?  The interim DC is now a consultant for the Bengals.  I find it telling they chose not to spend money at safety with a vet.  It leads me to believe they like Whitehead and Evans.  Maybe that will change after the draft.

This whole idea they didn t have money was bogus.  Could have restructured Evans and moved on from GMC.

Even on a bad defense individual players stood out. JPP, LVD, and Vea. You either can make plays or you cant. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Even on a bad defense individual players stood out. JPP, LVD, and Vea. You either can make plays or you cant. 

Evans made plays in 2017 on arguably just nearly as bad of a defense and as a rookie...

Tons of guys go through slumps in their 2nd year and rebound fine. Some just take longer to find their whole game...

I don't like to throw 'bust' term around until year 4. I think by that oont you have a true idea of what a guy is and what his ceiling will be...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Lol NO ONE in ous secondary was making plays 

It's hard to make plays when we're calling plays we haven't practiced. Or when everyone is lined up eight yards off the LOS. Or when we're running cover four on third and short.

I thought one of the biggest arguments made was that we have decent players but our coaching and schemes are abysmal. We've fixed that tenfold. Now we should get a chance to actually evaluate who we have on this roster.

I expect some bumps early on. Maybe even most of the season. We're gonna be running like the opposite of what we've seen the last few years. We've got guys on this defense who haven't played aggressive defense since college.