Offseason Rumors

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Soooo Jameis lol....

we still dont know ceiling xD

He's also not a bust IMO. I've seen what he can be when he's right, so I have a good idea of what his ceiling looks like...

He's a little different story though as a QB. I think we all agree with the new staff, we're going to finally see him sink or swim and that will determine if he's here next year or not...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He's also not a bust IMO. I've seen what he can be when he's right, so I have a good idea of what his ceiling looks like...

He's a little different story though as a QB. I think we all agree with the new staff, we're going to finally see him sink or swim and that will determine if he's here next year or not...

This organization has had a sorry history developing QBs.  How good of a Qb could have Testaverde been if he wasn t developed under the Culverhouse Bucs?  He was good enough even with that start to his career to have 2 HOF coaches sign him to be their starter.  No need to comment about Williams or Young.

Last season after Cincy, Winston was supposedly done in Tampa.  I understood it at the time, but the coaching staff was below average.  Koetter will never be a HC again.  Bajakian back to college.   Monken has a chance.

If Winston flops with Airans, rhen I m good moving on.  Thankful the organization landed the best HC candidate to lead a team.  BA has the best track record to build a complete team since the firing of Gruden.  Sure hope it works.  

• Like 1

Caught the tail end of the BA presser in AZ.  

- Unless Gabbert flops, he will be the no. 2.  BA likes the idea of hos back up to know the system.

-GMC is not a lock to be on the opening day roster.  I feel even better if Quinnen drops to 5, the card is being turned in

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've gotta free up a lotta money. I can't imagine there isn't a market for McCoy.

I think he gets traded at the draft.  Might be a day 3 in 20, but that is my guess.  I know Bowles would luv Quinnen because he is similiar to Williams coming out USC.  The Cards drafted Nkemdiche after he left, so I don t know how he feels about under sized 3 techs.   He may value Wilkins over Oliver.

McCoy is done based on today’s comments. He’s not been worth his number for a few years, disappears during games and tends not to make plays when it matters. 

We can upgrade at #5 while paying less. We just need to cut McCoy first because I can’t see anyone wanting him at 13m.

56 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think you guys are reading too much into the comment honestly...

We have like $2.5M in cap space right now. We can't even sign our draft picks. McCoy's salary alone pays for our entire draft class with ~$5M left over.

I would expect he gets asked to take a pay cut, at the very least.

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We have like $2.5M in cap space right now. We can't even sign our draft picks. McCoy's salary alone pays for our entire draft class with ~$5M left over.

Yup, somethimg has to give.  Once the surprise that Allen and Gholston returned, GMC makes the most sense to go.

Edited by ravishingone

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

There are other cuts that can be made to clear cap room to sign the draft class. It's not like we've pigeonholed ourselves onto only being able to cut GMC to afford the class...

I'm not saying it won't end up happening, especially if we do end up with Williams, but I think a pretty 'vague' comment from the coach to the media shouldn't be looked at as a lock he's gone...