Offseason Rumors

bucsfan333

35 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I dunno...   When have we ever had TWO good DT's.   We have always had McCoy and a JAG.   Clinton was decent but other than that it was all flops.    We can put Vea in the 3 tech and we have a NT in Allen.  All we need is a bit of depth.   If they really want they could go and grab one of Suh, Liuget, or Wilkerson.    I don't think the drop off from those guys to McCoy is that huge and I know for sure you could get them for cheaper than 13 mil.

While I don't think that Suh will fetch the same price tag he did last year but I believe he signed a 14 mil contract.  McCoy is on par with that.  But the problem is that we never had 2 good DT's and that killed us in a system that needed 2, we don't now with the switch in defenses. 

Honestly I could see Stevie T/Allen sticking around as a NT and going with a line of something like Vea/Stevie T - Allen/ Gholston with a LB  crew of JPP/David/White/Nassib - Spence.  Hell we could even rotate the LB's and put Minter/Bucannon/Beckwith at ILB and run David at OLB as a rusher as well.

Seems like they prefer a group of LB's that are able to play wherever to help disguise overages and blitzes and should be able to with the group they have put together. Really the only ones that can't are JPP/Nassib/Spence who are just really pass rushers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So basically running what the Chargers did against the Ravens.  Makes sense as most of the DB's we draft are physical players and shouldn't get beat over the middle as easy as we have for years now. Curious to see how it goes as I would the LB's on the field would be probably either just White and David with players like Deone or Whitehead becoming the other backers.  

Definitely let's you know why we drafted who we drafted and if anything shows that it's not just Licht drafting these players, Bowles had to have his say on these picks. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

So basically running what the Chargers did against the Ravens.  Makes sense as most of the DB's we draft are physical players and shouldn't get beat over the middle as easy as we have for years now. Curious to see how it goes as I would the LB's on the field would be probably either just White and David with players like Deone or Whitehead becoming the other backers.  

Definitely let's you know why we drafted who we drafted and if anything shows that it's not just Licht drafting these players, Bowles had to have his say on these picks. 

I think Bucannon ends up mainly being back up LB to David.  There may be personnel grouping  he might be on the field with both David and White, but I dont believe it will be to regularly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think Bucannon ends up mainly being back up LB to David.  There may be personnel grouping  he might be on the field with both David and White, but I dont believe it will be to regularly.

I agree, I think David is on the field a majority of the time because David can cover better than your avg LB.  While I would think that they would move David in and become the MLB of this style of defense, I just don't see them drafting a LB to only see the field for 2 downs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, he must really be beaten up physically.  When good players get injured in their career, I don t consider them a bust if they had no real medical issues coming into the league.

That sucks I thought it was a reach but his first year was AP...    terrible luck to see him drop that far in skill level.  Still has plenty of time to regain his ability though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Wow, he must really be beaten up physically.  When good players get injured in their career, I don t consider them a bust if they had no real medical issues coming into the league.

It sounds like they're working on a multi year deal, which would reduce his cap hit...

• Like 2

I can tell you this much...

Watford has been a scrub pretty much his entire career. Check BA resume, his red zone offenses in AZ werent pretty. Conversely they were not horrible either but his average to below average OL held his offense back. Do not expect the run game to be even be respectable.

Arians will have to use Winston playmaking ability in the RZ, rely on consistent Kicking, and/or convert on the long ball/big play pass.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, indifference said:

I can tell you this much...

Watford has been a scrub pretty much his entire career. Check BA resume, his red zone offenses in AZ werent pretty. Conversely they were not horrible either but his average to below average OL held his offense back. Do not expect the run game to be even be respectable.

Arians will have to use Winston playmaking ability in the RZ, rely on consistent Kicking, and/or convert on the long ball/big play pass.

All valid points.  Bucs kickers accuracy has been bottom five in the league over the last 5 years.  Since Monte, I think scoring defense has been top 12 once, that is hardly a winning formula.  I get the concern about the offense, but can our defense get out of the cellar of opponent QB completion %. The New England dynasty does not happen without a defense consistently in top 10 for opponent s scoring and arguably 2 HOF kickers.   Can Bowles and Armstrong finally reverse course, that will be the great  mystery for me.

Just the thought of Kwon and GMC dancing on the sidelines in the 2nd half in Atlanta still irks me.  Not only a defensive philosophy change is needed, but leadership also.  Grimes, Kwon are already gone.  One more vet to go.

• Like 1