Offseason Rumors

bucsfan333

Would anyone be surprised if Carlton Davis is not a starter week 1?  I know I kind of assumed this defense would fit Davis well, but going back to back CB in the 2nd round makes me wonder if Davis is viewed more as a depth guy at the moment then starter.  I have little doubt he will be on the roster.

On a side note, read last week s SR Fab 5 and he suggested Evans is sitting out OTAs with a sprain, but not his toe.  I m cautiously optimistic, but after the Beck turn of events over the last year, I will feel a whole lot better when he is on the field

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I sometimes think this whole cap crunch fallacy is a public attempt of getting rid of well known guys the new coaching just really doesn t want.  If GMC, the top 3 down linemen are Vea, Allen, and Gholston, that just doesn t add up.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

👍👍👍👍👍👍 or I m thinking Leonard Williams,  I would bet Suh is the main target because he better fits the brash personality the staff is trying to create even though he is older.  Either way, dancing on the sidelines during a game when the defense is getting shredded isn t happening.  Also, it looks like celebrating that you did a good job covering a guy when the pass was over thrown by 10 yds.  Times are a changing.

Edited by ravishingone

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

My bold predicton, which really isn t that bold, Bucs restructure 2 contracts to create even more cap space within the next week.  Suh s number just became available and in time for mandatory minicamp right around the corner.  🤔

Mike is playing out his contract into another extension. I don't know why we haven't converted some of his salary into a signing bonus.

Just now, ravishingone said:

If they can steal Williams for a third, sign me up.  One year rental to see if they want him lomg term, I think it is worth the risk.  

And a comp pick if he walks.

That's what sweet about all our one year contracts.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

And a comp pick if he walks.

That's what sweet about all our one year contracts.

For me I want Williams over Suh and with Gase in charge, I don t think it is unrealistic.  

Going to get interesting heading into mandatory minicamp.

Just now, ravishingone said:

For me I want Williams over Suh and with Gase in charge, I don t think it is unrealistic.  

Going to get interesting heading into mandatory minicamp.

Williams was Bowles' first pick for the Jets.