First mock draft of 2019 (two rounds/no trades)

DoleINGout

I wouldn’t mind Greedy with a trade down but 5 is a bit rich for me. And honestly my favorite option in this draft would be to trade down with a QB needy team and gain some draft capital. Next would be to get one of the “big 3” if they slip to us. If none of that transpires I would  go for that “next level” of front 7 guys. Oliver, White, Ferrell, or Gary would be the pick of the the big 3 are gone and we stay put.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The only pick I've been reconsidering a lot is the Packers taking Deionte Thompson. I think it makes sense but for some reason I can see them being tempted to take TJ Hockerson at 30 instead. Maybe it's because Graham isn't the same, or because LeFleur comes from the Titans who have great tight ends/TE coach, or it could be the shift back to balanced power attack on offense carrying over in the playoffs and Green Bay could add a lot more variety with two tight end sets using Hockerson.

Any Cheeseheads want to weigh in on this Thompson versus Hockerson dilemma?

Hockenson for sure, I'd consider Polite before Thompson.  This is my ideal draft scenario, picking between White and Ferrell, if White then picking between Hockenson and Polite, if Ferrell then going Hockenson.

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Cleveland just resigned there LT today so it I'd definitely not a day 1 need for us at all. I'd rather have Wilkins, Jones, Hockenson, or Sweat in that order. What I would really like is a trade up for Oliver or White

One year incentivized deal up to only 9 million and fans weren't ecstatic with the job he did in 2018. I still think grabbing a guy with tools to develop is a good plan for protecting Baker long term. What would you day are the biggest holes in the roster?

50 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Perfect. :) 

I don't think Ferrell should fall out of the top 7, but sure, it could happen.

I don't see Marquise Brown or John Abram as first rd picks, but it's possible.

25 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I can't complain with an OT/OG prospect in round one for the Vikings. I personally prefer Cody Ford to Risner though.

Dually noted. Already have 2.0 coincidentally with Ford to the Vikings and Ferrell inside the top 10 but outside the top 5.

The Browns resigning Greg Robinson to a 1 year deal LIKELY means no LT in Round 1. If I had to bet, I'd wager it will be a DT/DE unless they address those positions via free agency. If not, I'd bet sheer BPA at about any position not named QB, RB, or OL.

JMHO

Good Bengals pick.  Nice to see a mock with us passing on White, just to read something different (If White is there, I think we really do take him).  It all really comes down to FA.  

As for Jonah, I think he is going through the same process as McGlinchey last year.  Everyone thought the world of him as a prospect, but with all the off season time, looked for holes to convince themselves that he wasn't as good as he looked.  Jonah may have warts, but so do the other top OTs.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:03 PM, DoleINGout said:

Here's my first mock draft of 2019:

1. Cardinals - Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky

2. Niners - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

3. Jets - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

4. Raiders - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

5. Buccaneers - Andraez "Greedy" Williams, CB, LSU

6. Giants - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

7. Jaguars - Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

8. Lions - Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

9. Bills - D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

10. Broncos - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston