First mock draft of 2019 (two rounds/no trades)

DoleINGout

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I could see taylor, but I'm grabbing White over him for sure.  Not sure that our front office would see it the same way.  I hope we grab a FE RT, but we changed our head coach, not front office, so that's probably hoping for way too much

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Please no Will Grier.....if we pass a QB, we better wait for round 3 or even day 3 for a guy like Jarrett Stidham.

In that scenario run to the podium with Deandre Baker at 41. Oliver and Baker would be an incredible haul for Denver

On 2/25/2019 at 1:54 PM, DoleINGout said:

36. Niners - Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Nah, not at all a need for us. McK and Breida are a pretty good duo. RB is not at all a position of need for SF.

Harmon, Harry, Thompson, Adderley, Chauncey G Johnson, Adderley, Lindstrom, would all be better options, imo. 

13 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I could see taylor, but I'm grabbing White over him for sure.  Not sure that our front office would see it the same way.  I hope we grab a FE RT, but we changed our head coach, not front office, so that's probably hoping for way too much

I kind of lean toward O-line and D-line because Zac Taylor indicated building from the trenches in his introductory press conference. Plus Dalton got killed last season, and putting Taylor bookend to Cordy Glenn will Price and Clint Boiling in the middle should help a lot.

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Nah, not at all a need for us. McK and Breida are a pretty good duo. RB is not at all a position of need for SF.

Harmon, Harry, Thompson, Adderley, Chauncey G Johnson, Adderley, Lindstrom, would all be better options, imo. 

I imagine the Niners will sign a starting safety like Earl Thomas in free agency but thanks for the constructive criticism.

@DoleINGout, I'd personally prefer Wilkins over Lawrence in the interior DL spot but would gladly take that bigger bodied DT type in Rounds 2-7. I know that @BleedTheClock is a fan of Lawrence in the first, and I admittedly am not (but certainly wouldn't hate the pick) because I'd prefer a more athletic and disruptive DT or a true EDGE guy opposite Myles.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd prefer a more athletic and disruptive DT or a true EDGE guy opposite Myles.

I would bet money on Dexter Lawrence timing better than Christian Wilkins.

I prefer Wilkins to Lawrence too, but both are going to be excellent. Lawrence's athleticism is fine. He isn't as quick with his hands which means he's less disruptive than Wilkins, but it's not at all an athleticism thing.

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I would bet money on Dexter Lawrence timing better than Christian Wilkins.

Meh, I couldn't care less about times. Wilkins laterally and his ability to get off the ball to go with his flexibility/bend for an interior guy is very solid.

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I prefer Wilkins to Lawrence too, but both are going to be excellent. Lawrence's athleticism is fine. He isn't as quick with his hands which means he's less disruptive than Wilkins, but it's not at all an athleticism thing.

Exactly my point as why Wilkins is more disruptive. Always give me the most disruptive interior presence in today's NFL. 

Like I said, I like Lawrence, but he's coming off the field on a semi-regular basis in system and base defense. Without even adding EDGE help, I'd love Wilkins, Ogunjobi, Myles, and Avery on 3rd down and 5+.

38 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If Mack Wilson drops to the Steelers in the 2nd and we don't take him, I'm rioting. I don't know anything about the Willis guy you have us taking. His measurements don't look like a fit for our D-Line. 

I will reconsider then. I like Wilson but he has a lot of developing to do. Saban tried a few days ago to convince him to return to Alabama saying he isn't ready yet. That is a major red flag.

As for Willis, I mean, who is going to replace Tyson Alualu in rotations? I think a good defensive lineman is going to get a hard look if a higher priority fit isn't available.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I will reconsider then. I like Wilson but he has a lot of developing to do. Saban tried a few days ago to convince him to return to Alabama saying he isn't ready yet. That is a major red flag.

As for Willis, I mean, who is going to replace Tyson Alualu in rotations? I think a good defensive lineman is going to get a hard look if a higher priority fit isn't available.

We just re-signed Alualu yesterday.

I like Ford a lot, however, two OL in the first two rounds is a bit more than needed, maybe again in round three. Going DT would be great in round two, especially if Richardson doesn't resign with the Vikings. Could also be looking at WR, TE, and LB there.

Archived