Consensus Scouting Report - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

AlNFL19

KYLER MURRAY  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following traits do you think Kyler Murray is ABOVE-AVERAGE at?

• Decision-Making
    • Accuracy
    • Arm Strength
    • Pocket Awareness
    • Release Quickness
    • Leadership / Intangibles
    • Mobility
    • Mechanics
  2. 2. Which of the following traits do you think Kyler Murray is AVERAGE at?

• Decision-Making
    • Accuracy
    • Arm Strength
    • Pocket Awareness
    • Release Quickness
    • Mobility
    • Mechanics
  3. 3. Which of the following traits do you think Kyler Murray is BELOW-AVERAGE at?

• Decision-Making
    • Accuracy
    • Arm Strength
    • Pocket Awareness
    • Release Quickness
    • Mobility
    • Mechanics

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Water weight is very minor and you don’t put “on” water weight. UFC Fighters or Bodybuilders can lose water weight of 5lbs super easy by not eating sodium for three days. But you don’t “bulk” up with water weight. Doesn’t make any sense.

We're not talking about bulking, though - at least that's what I was thinking. I thought we were talking about what he weighed in at.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

We're not talking about bulking, though - at least that's what I was thinking. I thought we were talking about what he weighed in at.

Yes... but he bulked up from 195ish (imo smaller). He was probably on a 5,000 calorie surplus. Weight is easily manipulated. If you're on a 5,000 surplus you'll put on 10lbs in one week of real weight. Would make you feel terrible though and definitely not wanna do anything physical,

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Water weight is very minor and you don’t put “on” water weight. UFC Fighters or Bodybuilders can lose water weight of 5lbs super easy by not eating sodium for three days. But you don’t “bulk” up with water weight. Doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah water weight would only temporarily hold him above his maintenance. Which would make sense as to why he's seen drinking Gatorade only moments before weighing in. But yeah there's no "bulking" with water, that's silly. Water leaves the body rapidly and if you drink enough of it can actually make you weigh less because you will piss it all out and then some. Common technique used in bodybuilding, I've done it for every show I've ever done and it flushes you out and you will actually wake up drier the next morning. Then halfway thru the day before the show, you cut it back to avoid retention.

But yeah Kyler was doing it the old fashion way, meat and potatoes. You need materials to build new tissue, not calorie-free renewable resources.

• 10 months later...

So I just wanted to bump this up to see if anybody thought it would be a good thing to do for some players this year, particularly the QBs, probably starting with Joe Burrow.

Just going to @ some people who are pretty active in the draft forum so hopefully this gets seen: @Ragnarok @Danger @goldfishwars @VanS @CalhounLambeau @SmittyBacall @Counselor @jrry32 @Ozzy @HoboRocket @BleedTheClock 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

So I just wanted to bump this up to see if anybody thought it would be a good thing to do for some players this year, particularly the QBs, probably starting with Joe Burrow.

Just going to @ some people who are pretty active in the draft forum so hopefully this gets seen: @Ragnarok @Danger @goldfishwars @VanS @CalhounLambeau @SmittyBacall @Counselor @jrry32 @Ozzy @HoboRocket @BleedTheClock 

I'd be totally interested I doing this again this year.

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

Yeah make the Burrow and Tua threads