OT Robinson signs 1 year deal

mistakey

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He as solid in pass pro.

Yeah he was atrocious in run blocking but his pass pro over the last half of the season was solid. He shutdown Chubb in Denver. With Baker as QB, I rather keep the guy who is a better pass blocker. Chubb did just run running the ball with him when he took over 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:
Damn that was a lot more than I was expecting. Maybe he truly has figured it out and they truly believe in him 

Eh, that's about what I expected.  When I saw it was one year, I expected it to be a little higher.  Starting LT's are expensive.  It's still the best move for us at this point, imo.  No way I'd be willing to shell out a big multi-year contract for Greg Robinson.  Still don't think he's that good, but I'd rather have him signed than have a gaping hole at LT.

Fair deal tbh.  

He’s being brought back to be the starter at the premier OL spot, that’s not gonna be cheap on a one year deal.

I’d rather overpay a bit short term than have a hole on the OL.  This deal has zero long term downside, so it’s hard to be too upset even if you think it’s an overpay.

He earned it down the stretch. He played well as a starter and is a LT, meaning that he deserves more money for an OL guy. To prove it's not a fluke, 1 year is good for us. The greedy part of me would have wanted like a 3 year $22-24 million type deal. Yeah, we could have gotten burnt if he flamed out, but that could also be a bargain. I'm fine paying him that on a 1 year prove it deal.

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He earned it down the stretch. He played well as a starter and is a LT, meaning that he deserves more money for an OL guy. To prove it's not a fluke, 1 year is good for us. The greedy part of me would have wanted like a 3 year $22-24 million type deal. Yeah, we could have gotten burnt if he flamed out, but that could also be a bargain. I'm fine paying him that on a 1 year prove it deal.

rumor has it they offered a 1 year and a 3 year

Love the move. Keep the Oline in tact

Desmond Harrison still has the opportunity to develop and become more complete. Then if we feel he's a starting level guy and potential upgrade we could put Robinson at RT and Cut Hubbard

or let Robinson leave eventually and get a comp pick 

or trade Harrison later 

lots of options really glad we took a chance on him. Lets continue to get his feet right and we might have a player

this eases the missed pick on Corbett for me. 

30 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Desmond Harrison still has the opportunity to develop and become more complete. Then if we feel he's a starting level guy and potential upgrade we could put Robinson at RT and Cut Hubbard

or trade Harrison later 

lots of options really glad we took a chance on him. Lets continue to get his feet right and we might have a player

i dont think corbett will end up being a missed pick.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Lol who cares.

Christ you guys are penny pinchers.

Just didn’t think he would get that kind of money. 

You act like I’m the one wanting to not spend to prepare for Garrett’s and Bakers contract 3/4 years from now. 

I’m just surprised they paid him that much for looking good for half a season. 

49 minutes ago, brownie man said:

or trade Harrison later 

Robinson isn’t playing RT. Dude has never played on the right side in his pro or college career. No way he makes the switch and if they force dude will prolly struggle as a RT

13 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Good signing. I think that he really appreciated the opportunity here. The same thing will hopefully happen with Jalen Strong. Former productive college player that needed a second chance.

Mehhh yes but no. I see what you are saying but one was a #2 overall pick and one was a 3rd round pick. I don't really expect Strong to make the roster.

But to have a QB in Baker that can raise the play of guys around him is so damn exciting.

1 minute ago, FEARtheELF said:

Mehhh yes but no. I see what you are saying but one was a #2 overall pick and one was a 3rd round pick. I don't really expect Strong to make the roster.

But to have a QB in Baker that can raise the play of guys around him is so damn exciting.

It so is. He's a one-of-a-kind person/QB combination that fit what we needed to perfection. He should win MVP every year by default.

Archived