2019 NFL Combine

squire12

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

For those familiar with Waldo's "Speed 40 and Agility #'s" formula, was that specifically for EDGE defenders? Or would it work for all prospects?

It was built for EDGE guys but can be used for DL too considering their job is similar. It doesn't really work for other positions.

EDIT: You MIGHT be able to build something similar for OL, but that position appears to be less athletically influenced than DL/EDGE. For other positions, making mass adjustments makes less sense given that the positions are played in more space.

Among others, I want to see the Combine scores from Fresno free safety, Mike Bell, (maybe round 4) he could be a fallback pick, if earlier FS prospects are taken.

I'm rather taken with the 6'6", 275lb Texas DL Charles Omenihu (for the Packers pick #44) I think he might work as a bigger-bodied pass rusher and might allow pick #12 to go elsewhere, like DL Ed Oliver (though I think he'll be gone by then, because I expect him to ace the combine and be in the first half dozen picks).

I also want to see want kind of numbers RB Elijah Holyfield puts up, he has vision, patience, power and surprising speed (and he has the genes from Evander Holyfield).

I want to see Jawaan Taylor is an OT worthy of a first round pick (at #30)……….. and if Javon Patterson (guard, Mississippi) is worth a later (maybe 6th) pick.

I guess any truly outstanding athlete (for his size/position) will be of interest considering how highly the Packers rate athletic ability. They have tended to score right up with the top handful of teams in the league, in terms of their drafted players athletic ability, for a several years now. That doesn't always work out (see OL Amichia, who had tremendous athleticism and did nothing with the Packers), but it's something to watch.

10 hours ago, deathstar said:

Taylor may go top 10 and Omenihu is probably a first rounder.

This illustrates the problem of the draft. You pick someone who seems like they might be among the best picks at a draft position, and this means, given the variation in how guys are valued, that they might go quite a bit earlier. I haven't seen Omenihu mocked in the first, but I have seen Taylor way up high. Taylor is someone who needs some work, but has great tools, so I'm not surprised the variation on him is considerable. I think Taylor might go top fifteen because he plays a key position, but maybe GMs want a more finished product. Much depends on how they view Williams, Little, Dillard, Risner, Ford, compared to Taylor.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This illustrates the problem of the draft. You pick someone who seems like they might be among the best picks at a draft position, and this means, given the variation in how guys are valued, that they might go quite a bit earlier. I haven't seen Omenihu mocked in the first, but I have seen Taylor way up high. Taylor is someone who needs some work, but has great tools, so I'm not surprised the variation on him is considerable. I think Taylor might go top fifteen because he plays a key position, but maybe GMs want a more finished product. Much depends on how they view Williams, Little, Dillard, Risner, Ford, compared to Taylor.

Agreed it’s all over the place. I haven’t seen much Omenihu in the first talk either but I have a hard time believing someone with his physical traits and tape isn’t first round material. Re: Taylor, IMO it’s between him and Dillard for the best tackle prospect.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:53 PM, rcon14 said:

It was built for EDGE guys but can be used for DL too considering their job is similar. It doesn't really work for other positions.

EDIT: You MIGHT be able to build something similar for OL, but that position appears to be less athletically influenced than DL/EDGE. For other positions, making mass adjustments makes less sense given that the positions are played in more space.

You're from the Waldo FF era? ...hmm

Archived