2019 NFL Combine

squire12

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure there's a real chance they move Carr and trade up to #1.  It's not like they don't have the ammo.

After making all those deals, I'm not sure there's Gruden's QB in this year's draft.  Probably makes more sense to fall into Tua next year.  Deal Carr off to a QB-needy team (i.e. Miami, Washington, etc.) for something involving another pick this year and one next year (think 4th this year and 2nd next year).

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Gruden is the wild card in the top 10.  Nobody really knows where he is going to go.

Gruden is gonna get one of Josh Alle, Quinnen or Bosa...... right? He should trade 24 or 27 for a 2019 1st if possible

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Gruden is gonna get one of Josh Alle, Quinnen or Bosa...... right? He should trade 24 or 27 for a 2019 1st if possible

Right now, he should have his choice of any non-QB or Bosa.  Quinnen Williams is going to fall right into his lap, and he's probably going to take someone like Metcalf or Gary.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Right now, he should have his choice of any non-QB or Bosa.  Quinnen Williams is going to fall right into his lap, and he's probably going to take someone like Metcalf or Gary.

nvm. got u

I plan on eventually giving this it's own thread when I have full data in (sometime in early-to-mid April after pro days happen), but here are the players that meet the DL thresholds for GB:

John Cominsky, Rashan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Khalen Saunders, Christian Wilkins, Quinnen Williams, Renell Wren, Greg Gaines

The following players meet the EDGE thresholds:

Ben Banogu, Brian Burns, Maxx Crosby, Jamal Davis, Montez Sweat, Chase Winovich, Josh Allen

I'll really get to finalize the list once players run through the drills at pro days as well.

4 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I plan on eventually giving this it's own thread when I have full data in (sometime in early-to-mid April after pro days happen), but here are the players that meet the DL thresholds for GB:

John Cominsky, Rashan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Khalen Saunders, Christian Wilkins, Quinnen Williams, Renell Wren, Greg Gaines

The following players meet the EDGE thresholds:

Ben Banogu, Brian Burns, Maxx Crosby, Jamal Davis, Montez Sweat, Chase Winovich, Josh Allen

I'll really get to finalize the list once players run through the drills at pro days as well.

Surprised Anthony Nelson doesn't pass; if you apply the other filter (DL instead of edge) does he?

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Surprised Anthony Nelson doesn't pass; if you apply the other filter (DL instead of edge) does he?

He was a little slow on the Speed 40 score. I think he'd still be on the board if I'm being honest. He'll be on mine.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

I might be the only guy here who doesn't care for Sweat, but always liked Burns.  TT loved production from big school kids and Gute is from that tree.  Later rounds Gute (small sample size) grabbed RAS guys.  Josh Jones as an example works in my favor though.  Sometimes you need to use your Gut Gute and get the complete football player.

I like Ferrell over Sweat, just a feeling.  I feel like Ferrell stirred the drink in Clemson, but Simmons stirred the drink in Miss St.

You know I'm a Ferrell guy.  He's a better football player than he is an athlete.

But now?  Burns is ahead of him, so is Sweat.  I didn't like the Sweat tape either.  But, with those athletic traits, one has to wonder if he was coached and/or used correctly in their system.  I think that's a great athlete to have on the field.  And he showed really well at the Senior Bowl.  He made himself a lot of money.

And...you are right about stirring the drink.  Simmons up the middle led to a lot of sacks for Sweat.  I don't feel like it was the other way around.  I like the Sweat/Clark pairing a lot.  (Same for Burns/Clark)

When you watched Clemson, or Ferrell highlights, one could argue that DL of Lawrence and Wilkens certainly helped Ferrell.  But Ferrell has that great "ball get off" that led to a lot of hurries and sacks.  So, I'm 50/50 about who stirred what with them.

I'd now put Burns and Sweat above Ferrell.  Polite could be dropping to end of round one, or later.  Polite still has the bend that I didn't see from Arden Key last year, so I don't see round 3 there at all. 

55 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I have a hard time seeing him pass on Quinnen, I really do. Josh Allen would be acceptable. Metcalf, Gary, Sweat, Greedy would not

I could see Murray, Bosa, Quinnen going 1-3 and then I think Gruden would take Gary over Allen. 

1 minute ago, Victor1124 said:

Greedy Williams with a 4.37

People knew he would run fast but this could bring him back in the top half of the 1st.

FWIW I read he was pretty bad in the on-field drills that followed.

Archived