SLB: Mosley/Avery
CB: Ward/Verrett/Mitchell/Carrie/Fields/Wilson
FS: Randall/Boddy-Calhoun
SS: Peppers/Johnson

K: Joseph
P: Colquitt
KR: Diontae Johnson/Jabrill Peppers
PR: Diontae Johnson/Jabrill Peppers

Call me a homer for 3 consecutive Miami Hurricane selections. That's kewl. I think Jackson & Johnson particularly are going to be future superstars. Gerald Willis is more of a hit-or-miss type player, but still would be awesome value in the 3rd round. If you hate him, subtract him out and put Renell Wren, Khalen Saunders, or Trysten Hill in there. I know Willis has the highest ceiling of the guys on that list, but he's also the most boom-or-bust. He's lazy and inconsistent and has off-field issues. On passing downs Willis and Ogunjobi are in. On run downs, Gaines and Ogunjobi are in. Pass rush package could look like this:

LE: Jackson/Avery/Golden

DT: Willis/Jackson

DT: Ogbah

RE: Garrett

Image result for oh thats nasty gif

I don't hate this. Mainly because you and I both love Hockenson and George Aston. But I also think Willis could be very good, considering the value you'd get for him in the 4th round, that's an investment I'd be happy to make.

If I were to guess today, I would have thought Joe Jackson would go after the 2nd round. You think teams will end up viewing him in the second tier of edges in this class? I guess I was always paying more attention to Willis when I watched them. If anything I thought he did not live up to the high expectations I had for him going into the season.

13 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I grew up in South Florida. Jupiter, FL where the handies grow on trees. I live outside Orlando now but I think about moving back often. 

Jupiter? Outside of the nfl teams it is the only place I know in Florida, you could of been running elbow with the stars.

No thanks to Mosley in FA. I have a feeling he's gonna get more money than he's worth. Now if we can sign him to a very reasonable deal, then that'd be different.

I'd prefer a defensive lineman with the first pick, but I wouldn't oppose Hockenson. I'd like to get Baker another weapon, whether that's a receiver or a tight end. Plus, it'd be nice to get a more well-rounded TE, as Njoku is a liability as a blocker and doesn't have reliable hands. He's good as a matchup problem for defenses and can make big plays, but it'd be nice to have a tight end like Hockenson. Having both Hockenson and Njoke would give opposing defenses lots of problems.

Just now, DawgX said:

No thanks to Mosley in FA. I have a feeling he's gonna get more money than he's worth. Now if we can sign him to a very reasonable deal, then that'd be different.

I'd prefer a defensive lineman with the first pick, but I wouldn't oppose Hockenson. I'd like to get Baker another weapon, whether that's a receiver or a tight end. Plus, it'd be nice to get a more well-rounded TE, as Njoku is a liability as a blocker and doesn't have reliable hands. He's good as a matchup problem for defenses and can make big plays, but it'd be nice to have a tight end like Hockenson. Having both Hockenson and Njoke would give opposing defenses lots of problems.

I was opposed to Hockenson because we have a lot of other holes bigger then 2nd TE but I have to say I like that idea much better then D.K.  Especially if it means we see what we have at WR and wait for the day 3 far depth there. If we get a starting DE or DT and LB or CB2 in FA I think I'd be OK with TE in the 1st as long as it is Hockenson. I am really hoping for Seattle not being able to afford Frank Clark but I'm really not sure that Seattle can afford to lose Clark rushing the passer but a guy can dream. 

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I was opposed to Hockenson because we have a lot of other holes bigger then 2nd TE but I have to say I like that idea much better then D.K.  Especially if it means we see what we have at WR and wait for the day 3 far depth there. If we get a starting DE or DT and LB or CB2 in FA I think I'd be OK with TE in the 1st as long as it is Hockenson. I am really hoping for Seattle not being able to afford Frank Clark but I'm really not sure that Seattle can afford to lose Clark rushing the passer but a guy can dream. 

I am not fully on board with Hockenson but I have to say I’d rather have him than Metcalf. Metcalf scares me. A lot of boom/bust in him there is

8 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I am not fully on board with Hockenson but I have to say I’d rather have him than Metcalf. Metcalf scares me. A lot of boom/bust in him there is

I dont see Dorsey going te round one, I'm convinced we will go either ol, dl, db.

Round 1 Jeffery Simmons (take him while you have the chance top 5-10 talent in a weak talent pool.  Hope he has a speedy recovery and maybe has a chance to play at the end of this year.)

Round 2 TRADE for Future(try and pry away a 2020 1st rounder, if not get a 2nd and 3rd for next year)

Round 3 Trade back into the end of round 2 Joejuan Williams (Target a bigger corner around this pick if you have to move up i say go for it give up both 3rd rounders)

Round 4 Dax Raymond (now you have your two TE set to pair with Njoku)

Round 5 Trysten Hill (D-line high motor rotational player to hold the fort down until Simmons is healthy)

Round 5 Ullysses Gilbert III (local kid who can make plays from the linebacker spot)

Round 5 Diontae Johnson (Dorsey doesn't draft WR early)

Round 6 Taryn Christian (Baker needs a back-up)

Round 7 Josiah Tauaefa (Take a chance on a MLB who has potential, trying to find a diamond in the rough)

I tried making this with drafting some lesser known guys later on,  because every year I watch the draft and we are on the clock and there are 3 or 4 players I expect the Browns to pick and then I hear the name of the guy we selected and I am scratching my head wondering who the hell is that? At which point I begin scouring the internet to find information on the player and convince myself it was a good pick.

Archived