BTC's 2019 NFL Mock Draft

BleedTheClock

2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Round 1 Jeffery Simmons (take him while you have the chance top 5-10 talent in a weak talent pool.  Hope he has a speedy recovery and maybe has a chance to play at the end of this year.)

Round 2 TRADE for Future(try and pry away a 2020 1st rounder, if not get a 2nd and 3rd for next year)

Round 3 Trade back into the end of round 2 Joejuan Williams (Target a bigger corner around this pick if you have to move up i say go for it give up both 3rd rounders)

Round 4 Dax Raymond (now you have your two TE set to pair with Njoku)

Round 5 Trysten Hill (D-line high motor rotational player to hold the fort down until Simmons is healthy)

Round 5 Ullysses Gilbert III (local kid who can make plays from the linebacker spot)

Round 5 Diontae Johnson (Dorsey doesn't draft WR early)

Round 6 Taryn Christian (Baker needs a back-up)

Round 7 Josiah Tauaefa (Take a chance on a MLB who has potential, trying to find a diamond in the rough)

I tried making this with drafting some lesser known guys later on,  because every year I watch the draft and we are on the clock and there are 3 or 4 players I expect the Browns to pick and then I hear the name of the guy we selected and I am scratching my head wondering who the hell is that? At which point I begin scouring the internet to find information on the player and convince myself it was a good pick.

Round 1 300+ pounder (in deep tier 1 DT class) with mega baggage who just tore acl before combine = no way in hell for pick #17.

Round 2/Round 3 makes no sense: if there is nothing but garbage after the first round we trade UP next year (2020 1st or no deal).  Trading #49 for a 2020 2nd & 3rd is a bad deal.  Then trading both our 3rd rounders for a late 2nd this year to grab a player who is mostly being mocked mid-late 3rd...so wait, is this draft trash after round 1 or not?  If you love Joejuan Williams, why not just grab him at #49?  This is a lot of maneuvering to in the end trade a mid and late 3rd round for a 2nd & 3rd rounder 2020, which would be fine & all...just very unlikely.

Round 4: Haven't seen much of him but highlights, though value seems about right.

Round 5: I doubt he's there, but I'd love the pick.  By this, I'm referring to all of our 5th round picks you've made.  I think they all go at least a round earlier, though Gilbert may make it that late.

Round 6: Haven't watched.  You like him better than the other mid-late round QBs?  There are many this year.

Round 7: Heard good things about him but haven't seen. 

I love what you're contributing to this forum.  That said, this mock would be a nightmare IMO.  There is no way I grab ACL Simmons (or Lisfranc Marquise Brown) at pick #17.

4 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Ask Robert Kraft, I had never known that place was there and I've been to the Ocean Magic (which is a surf shop 2 doors down) 2 times in the last month. I guess it was pretty obvious but I honestly never paid attention. 

Oh, darn.  I read that initial post as stating that there were a lot of perky college coeds irresponsibly tossing out handies to charismatic Xes like Tayne.

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Round 1 300+ pounder (in deep tier 1 DT class) with mega baggage who just tore acl before combine = no way in hell for pick #17.

Round 2/Round 3 makes no sense: if there is nothing but garbage after the first round we trade UP next year (2020 1st or no deal).  Trading #49 for a 2020 2nd & 3rd is a bad deal.  Then trading both our 3rd rounders for a late 2nd this year to grab a player who is mostly being mocked mid-late 3rd...so wait, is this draft trash after round 1 or not?  If you love Joejuan Williams, why not just grab him at #49?  This is a lot of maneuvering to in the end trade a mid and late 3rd round for a 2nd & 3rd rounder 2020, which would be fine & all...just very unlikely.

Round 4: Haven't seen much of him but highlights, though value seems about right.

Round 5: I doubt he's there, but I'd love the pick.  By this, I'm referring to all of our 5th round picks you've made.  I think they all go at least a round earlier, though Gilbert may make it that late.

Round 6: Haven't watched.  You like him better than the other mid-late round QBs?  There are many this year.

Round 7: Heard good things about him but haven't seen. 

I love what you're contributing to this forum.  That said, this mock would be a nightmare IMO.  There is no way I grab ACL Simmons (or Lisfranc Marquise Brown) at pick #17.

I might be off on some of those selections, you are right they may go earlier.  I do think Dorsey as well as many of the other GM's in the league will be clamoring over next years prospects and I could see us making a few trades to set us up for a few extra picks next year.

5 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

I might be off on some of those selections, you are right they may go earlier.  I do think Dorsey as well as many of the other GM's in the league will be clamoring over next years prospects and I could see us making a few trades to set us up for a few extra picks next year.

On the other hand, I don't see how we could rule out the possibility of trading up in round 1 for a top tier D-lineman. If there's one that Dorsey has his sights set on, and that prospect slips out of the top 10 or so - it may very well be in play.

Archived