49ers place franchise tag on Robbie Gould K

49erurtaza

On 7/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, N4L said:

Wrong about the bolded. The 49ers have said emphatically that they will not trade him. He will either be a 49er next season or sit out for the entire year. 

Kicker is not a position I need in TC. If he wants to play this game, I say let him. He would be foolish to forfeit 5 million dollars for 16 weeks of work (he can go home during the bye). We are talking about September through December here.

Even if he misses week 1 and we lose the game because our replacement kicker stinks, he still wont be able to play for the bears, because we still wont trade him. 

Do you have a family?  Robbie has made plenty of money in his career kicking a ball and is now almost 40.  He has reached a point in his life where money is no longer his primary driver.  His family is.  He is not moving his family from Chicago, that much is clear.  The 9ers can say they arent trading Robbie, but they are going to need somebody to kick in 2019.  When push comes to shove it's a mess.

I don't understand Gould's sense of loyalty; He wants to go back to a team that cut him, but doesn't want to go back to $5m and a team that hired him when he was in a slump?! I understand the family thing, just not the  team issues at all.

But whatever. They will have to hash it out somehow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't understand Gould's sense of loyalty; He wants to go back to a team that cut him, but doesn't want to go back to $5m and a team that hired him when he was in a slump?! I understand the family thing, just not the  team issues at all.

Well the 49ers weren’t the ones that hired him when he was in a slump that would be the Giants. His success there is what got him the contract with the 49ers. 

10 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think it has much less to do with the bears and more to do with the city. He loves Chicago

21 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It's not about the Bears (although he does love the Bears too, said just this past year that he wants to retire as a Bear) Its about he and his family are at home in Chicago.  His kids have always lived there, he and his wife built their entire life together there, and it's just where they all want to be.  

23 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's not about the Bears (although he does love the Bears too, said just this past year that he wants to retire as a Bear) Its about he and his family are at home in Chicago.  His kids have always lived there, he and his wife built their entire life together there, and it's just where they all want to be.  

ok.