Which team is most likely to trade into the top 5 for a QB?

BlaZeN37

11 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Jacksonville Jaguars

why? Because they need to win now with their defense in place.

So wouldn’t that go against trading up to draft a rookie QB? If they need to win now you’d think they’d go after a veteran like Foles.

1 minute ago, BlaZeN37 said:

So wouldn’t that go against trading up to draft a rookie QB? If they need to win now you’d think they’d go after a veteran like Foles.

If they can get them sure would be a nice get but I would still make sure I get Murray or Haskins to have a short and long term answer. I personally don't trust Foles to play consistently well over 16-20 games.

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

If they can get them sure would be a nice get but I would still make sure I get Murray or Haskins to have a short and long term answer. I personally don't trust Foles to play consistently well over 16-20 games.

Same.. how do people think Foles is a solution? He’d be great as a one year stop-gap for an average team and a great two year stop-gap on a terrible team but he’s definitey nothing more than that. 

39 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

They're going to have to do some serious cap maneuvering to make Foles a legit offer. They're over the cap but have a lot of potential cuts (Dareus, Jackson, Gipson, Hyde, Parnell). Curious to see how they choose to tie up their assets.

I'd say two are the most likely:

*Giants

*Jaguars

I'd say the Dolphins are likely to intentionally tank.

I'd say the Reskins will continue to Daniel Snyder.

The Broncos will continue to John Elway.

My darkhorse into a trade up would be Cincinnati or Oakland.

I'm going to say the Redskins. 

1. I don't see the Giants being that team. I think they could possibly consider Haskins at 6 if he falls but I've got the feeling that Gettleman is ok with rolling with Eli for another season. I also think the Giants might due their due diligence on Nick Foles. He's said to be monitoring their QB situation, and the Giants will have a good amount of cap space compared to the other teams especially if they cut Eli. Not ruling it out.

2. I think the Jags will try hard to sign Foles, they are the one team that's a QB away from being SB contenders and they have John DeFilippo on the staff who is Foles' ex-QB coach. The connection makes sense, but they're going to have to get creative with their cap space. If they miss out, they jump to the top of my list.

3. I think there is some truth to the rumors about Miami tanking this season, which would all but eliminate them from a trade-up. I think they are more likely to sign a Teddy Bridgewater type of guy to hold down the fort till they can Tank for Tua.

4. The Redskins coach happens to be brothers with the Raiders coach. The Skins are in QB purgatory right now with Smith hogging up a fat chunk of cap space and no viable replacement under contract. They're in an awkward position to try and get a viable QB at 15 so why not trade up and secure the guy you want most? Raiders have already shown a desire to acquire more picks and moving back far will net them a bigger haul. They need to rebuild that team on every level and that is how it's done.

11 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I'm going to say the Redskins. 

1. I don't see the Giants being that team. I think they could possibly consider Haskins at 6 if he falls but I've got the feeling that Gettleman is ok with rolling with Eli for another season. I also think the Giants might due their due diligence on Nick Foles. He's said to be monitoring their QB situation, and the Giants will have a good amount of cap space compared to the other teams especially if they cut Eli. Not ruling it out.

2. I think the Jags will try hard to sign Foles, they are the one team that's a QB away from being SB contenders and they have John DeFilippo on the staff who is Foles' ex-QB coach. The connection makes sense, but they're going to have to get creative with their cap space. If they miss out, they jump to the top of my list.

3. I think there is some truth to the rumors about Miami tanking this season, which would all but eliminate them from a trade-up. I think they are more likely to sign a Teddy Bridgewater type of guy to hold down the fort till they can Tank for Tua.

4. The Redskins coach happens to be brothers with the Raiders coach. The Skins are in QB purgatory right now with Smith hogging up a fat chunk of cap space and no viable replacement under contract. They're in an awkward position to try and get a viable QB at 15 so why not trade up and secure the guy you want most? Raiders have already shown a desire to acquire more picks and moving back far will net them a bigger haul. They need to rebuild that team on every level and that is how it's done.

if your gonna play the DeFlippio card he also Coached Josh McCown in Cleveland as an OC and McCown put up career best stats.   Foles to the jags is a bad idea especially if you have to gut some of your roster to get him(we are only a million over and we can easily clear out a good 15-20 easily without hurting us badly with 2 guys(Malik Jackson and Carlos Hyde).  from there i could see us maybe signing a guy like McCown but everything ive heard is the Jags are pretty much all in on Haskins(hes reportedly Player 1 on their big board  at the seasons end and well if you dont have a QB then u need a QB) sand coughlin is kinda a needs/BPA drafter. 

the only way Foles would be successful in jacksonville is bringing in a better OL and Skill guys and with our limited cap abilities that doesnt seem very likely.   much rather go get Haskins and use the FA money on a backup like McCown and get a Solid TE(we currently only have a journeyman type and a PS fodder at TE)

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

if your gonna play the DeFlippio card he also Coached Josh McCown in Cleveland as an OC and McCown put up career best stats.   Foles to the jags is a bad idea especially if you have to gut some of your roster to get him(we are only a million over and we can easily clear out a good 15-20 easily without hurting us badly with 2 guys(Malik Jackson and Carlos Hyde).  from there i could see us maybe signing a guy like McCown but everything ive heard is the Jags are pretty much all in on Haskins(hes reportedly Player 1 on their big board  at the seasons end and well if you dont have a QB then u need a QB) sand coughlin is kinda a needs/BPA drafter. 

the only way Foles would be successful in jacksonville is bringing in a better OL and Skill guys and with our limited cap abilities that doesnt seem very likely.   much rather go get Haskins and use the FA money on a backup like McCown and get a Solid TE(we currently only have a journeyman type and a PS fodder at TE)

McCown is more likely to retire than be signed as a starter elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

im sure he would love a shot at a ring but im more signing McCown to mentor Haskins/Murray then to start. 

I see both sides, personally when I looked at your guys cap situation I thought there would be no way you guys could sign him. But you do have a lot of cuttable salaries - Jackson, Dareus, Parnell, Hyde, and more. You could definitely make the room to get Foles, question is how close would Caldwell wanna cut it.

17 hours ago, jetjuice said:

I see both sides, personally when I looked at your guys cap situation I thought there would be no way you guys could sign him. But you do have a lot of cuttable salaries - Jackson, Dareus, Parnell, Hyde, and more. You could definitely make the room to get Foles, question is how close would Caldwell wanna cut it.

we arent gonna Cut both Dareus and Jackson. its pretty evident that the jags will Cut/trade Malik Jackson as hes lost Playing time last year to last years 1st round pick.  if we cut Dareus we are significantly making our run defense worse and adding another hole for the team to fill.  Parnell im a lil unsure on because its only a 6.5 salary and while he was bad last year we dont really have a good in-house replacement for him outside of a very unproven 4th rounder from last year. 

im just not seeing the jags throwing 20 million for foles when we have to cut multiple starters/high-end backups to get a guy who has shown No 20 million dollar talents outside of playing in Philly.  i mean just look at what he did with the rams.  all coughlin seems to want unless we are drastically changing the entire offense which at that point we should be trading fournette and not having hired robiskie as our RB coach is a guy who can make some plays in the passing game and play turnover free so pretty much a game manager.  game managers shouldnt cost 20 million a year.  

at this point i would rather even take a chance on chase keenum over a guy like foles.  keenum can thrive at  game managing.   

edit: Dareus has restructured his contract so hes staying

Archived