Which team is most likely to trade into the top 5 for a QB?

BlaZeN37

My guess is Jacksonville trades up with NYJ. I can't see ARI or SF trading out of their spots to pass on blue chippers like Williams and Bosa.

Assuming the top 3 goes:

1. ARI - Bosa/Williams

2. SF - Bosa/Williams

3. JAX - Haskins

If the Jets trade back they can still land one of Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver, Devin White, Josh Allen, DK Metcalf, depending on which direction they want to go. If they have them all similarly ranked they'd be silly not to move back and collect picks for a team that needs them.

15 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

we arent gonna Cut both Dareus and Jackson. its pretty evident that the jags will Cut/trade Malik Jackson as hes lost Playing time last year to last years 1st round pick.  if we cut Dareus we are significantly making our run defense worse and adding another hole for the team to fill.  Parnell im a lil unsure on because its only a 6.5 salary and while he was bad last year we dont really have a good in-house replacement for him outside of a very unproven 4th rounder from last year. 

im just not seeing the jags throwing 20 million for foles when we have to cut multiple starters/high-end backups to get a guy who has shown No 20 million dollar talents outside of playing in Philly.  i mean just look at what he did with the rams.  all coughlin seems to want unless we are drastically changing the entire offense which at that point we should be trading fournette and not having hired robiskie as our RB coach is a guy who can make some plays in the passing game and play turnover free so pretty much a game manager.  game managers shouldnt cost 20 million a year.  

at this point i would rather even take a chance on chase keenum over a guy like foles.  keenum can thrive at  game managing.   

edit: Dareus has restructured his contract so hes staying

Dareus restructured so that helps, but Malik himself said he's expecting to get cut. You guys just drafted Taven Bryan last year, I'm guessing this move was planned months ago.

A lot of reports out there are saying Jacksonville or bust for Foles. As a Jags fan how much merit do you think that has? I could see him having a dry market because a lot of teams that need QB's either don't have the cap or are completely rebuilding and aren't in a position to bring on a high end QB contract.

And then if you do draft, is it Haskins or Murray? And who's your trade up partner?

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Same.. how do people think Foles is a solution? He’d be great as a one year stop-gap for an average team and a great two year stop-gap on a terrible team but he’s definitey nothing more than that. 

Wasn't even a one year stop-gap for the mediocre 2015 Rams.

As a Jags fan I'd say the most likely situation is that they sign Foles and go all in this year to provide him with weapons and protection. Not guaranteed, and not what I would do, but probably most likely. In that case I think the Jags would be much more likely to attempt to trade down and pick up an extra day 2 pick or two, we could certainly do with an influx of talent at almost every position on offense.

To answer the question (kind of), it wouldn't surprise me to see Murray slip out of the top 10 and a surprise team like the Chargers or the Pats then make a play to move up and get him. I think the Giants will take Haskins at 6.

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Dareus restructured so that helps, but Malik himself said he's expecting to get cut. You guys just drafted Taven Bryan last year, I'm guessing this move was planned months ago.

A lot of reports out there are saying Jacksonville or bust for Foles. As a Jags fan how much merit do you think that has? I could see him having a dry market because a lot of teams that need QB's either don't have the cap or are completely rebuilding and aren't in a position to bring on a high end QB contract.

And then if you do draft, is it Haskins or Murray? And who's your trade up partner?

The lack of demand for QBs this offseason could really work in our favor. I think the Eagles are eventually gonna realize they aren't gonna get anything in a trade for Foles and just let him hit the open market. His speculated contract amount seems to be going down every time I read about it, it was like 25mil a month ago, now people are mentioning 18/19. Who knows if that has any accuracy, but if the Jags can sign Foles to a reasonable deal then I'm not horrified by the move.

If Foles doesn't happen then I think they'd be all about Haskins. I love Murray, but I just don't think he is gonna be a match for what Coughlin wants from a QB, whereas Haskins would be pretty much exactly what he wants. The Jets or Raiders are the most likely trading partners there, probably the Raiders if Bosa, Williams and Allen go 1,2,3 I think.

1 hour ago, MergatroidSkittle said:

The lack of demand for QBs this offseason could really work in our favor. I think the Eagles are eventually gonna realize they aren't gonna get anything in a trade for Foles and just let him hit the open market. His speculated contract amount seems to be going down every time I read about it, it was like 25mil a month ago, now people are mentioning 18/19. Who knows if that has any accuracy, but if the Jags can sign Foles to a reasonable deal then I'm not horrified by the move.

If Foles doesn't happen then I think they'd be all about Haskins. I love Murray, but I just don't think he is gonna be a match for what Coughlin wants from a QB, whereas Haskins would be pretty much exactly what he wants. The Jets or Raiders are the most likely trading partners there, probably the Raiders if Bosa, Williams and Allen go 1,2,3 I think.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/27/eagles-will-let-nick-foles-walk-in-free-agency-no-franchise-tag/ that prediction didn't take long to happen...

Archived