Sign in to follow this  
johndeere1707

Johnny Ross trade rumors

Based on the rumors I heard he asked to be traded and the Bengals agreed.

Never liked the fit with Dalton.  I wish him well, just hope we get something decent in return for him...

Terrible pick at the time, and even worse now. Not a fit for the offense and never healthy  I'm hoping for a 4th but expecting less. 

We have drafted terribly in recent years and it shows.

I was thinking about this the other day.  Not because he wanted out, and not for a straight up pick.  Was considering offers I'd make if we trade back.  How about #11 and Ross for the raiders 24th and 27th picks?  Throwing in Ross saves our third or fourth rounder.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  Not because he wanted out, and not for a straight up pick.  Was considering offers I'd make if we trade back.  How about #11 and Ross for the raiders 24th and 27th picks?  Throwing in Ross saves our third or fourth rounder.

I’d do it 

I just think this offensive coaching staff can get more out of Ross than we could get for him in trade.  Give him 1 year in this scheme and then consider a trade.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Based on the rumors I heard he asked to be traded and the Bengals agreed.

I wonder why he feels he has a right to ask.  Not sure if there is another team out there who thought he was under utilized.   I think he is still learning how to actually play the position and not just rely on his speed.  He made a couple nice catches on short yardage TD's but his route running still leaves a lot to be desired.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

As a Raiders fan, I'd be pissed if we did that.

11 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

As a Raiders fan, I'd be pissed if we did that.

From your prospective, shouldn't it matter who you grab at 11 before deciding?  What if Oliver fell to 11 and you didn't take Quennin earlier?  

Hopefully this is just a rumor and we keep him. I don’t like our depth and we have much more pressing needs to address than another WR. Keep him for another year and see how he does in the new system 

I knew it didn't make any sense, but I believed it anyway.

Let's hope he remains healthy. I still think he can be a quality receiver in this league if he can stay on the field. You can't develop as a player while sitting in sweats on the sideline.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Tobin just called the rumors false. 

Good.  He's basically a 2nd year player, coming into a new scheme.  I'd like to see him in the new system first before throwing him away for a late rounder.

And honestly, the offense was better last year with him playing.  Even if he was just running go routes, it helped the rest of the offense.

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

From your prospective, shouldn't it matter who you grab at 11 before deciding?  What if Oliver fell to 11 and you didn't take Quennin earlier?  

Got lots of holes. I couldn't see them trading up, but who knows I guess.