Bengals Shopping John Ross

Umbaugh21

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjH2PCSl9rgAhUnzIMKHajQCl0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%2F0ap3000001018968%2Farticle%2Fbengals-shopping-wr-john-ross-after-two-seasons&psig=AOvVaw0Y9iCzUvj_WFkwK-PpAjVK&ust=1551297361984562

Now I know he has been very unproductive and can't stay healthy. However if we could get this guy with a 5th round pick or maybe even our conditional 3rd. I would say we should do it. Our offense is dying for a guy who can create separation. Ross is a better prospect to do that than anyone we would get with a 5th or that conditional 3rd. I wish we could have our 4th back for HaHa. 

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

2 years for 5 mil and hes 24 years old. Im down for that.

And I honestly did not even think about the salary benefit. I see him getting traded to a team like the patriots or steelers, but the redskins would be very dumb to not at least attempt to get him, Even if it takes the conditional 3rd.

Kind of a remarkable thing with John Ross, he had 7 receiving TDs last season — on just 21 total receptions. Among WRs/TEs, no other player with 6+ receiving TDs had fewer than 30 receptions. 

At first I was thinking maybe it was a speed thing (i.e., when he does catch it, he breaks away for long TDs), but his longest TD and reception overall was 39 yards. 5 of the 7 TDs were from 6 yards out or closer.

I’m assuming it’s just a fluky thing, but it definitely strikes me as very odd/unlikely. Anyone have any ideas why an undersized speedster would have been such a relied upon goal-to-go weapon?

Anyway, I don’t think I’d go any higher than a 5th. If someone beats that, fine. Love the speed, but no WR in the history of documenting targets has ever had such a low catch percentage (36%) in their second pro season.

11 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

5th definately works but I’d probably stretch for a 4th if it locks up the deal. This offense (and return game) needs speed in a big way. 

'Cept our G M traded away our 4th for a safety- then didn't extend him. Like him enough to trade for him but not enough to extend him. Tossed a 4th pick in the garbage pile. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

'Cept our G M traded away our 4th for a safety- then didn't extend him. Like him enough to trade for him but not enough to extend him. Tossed a 4th pick in the garbage pile. 

In our GM’s defense, if they don’t end up re-signing him, they’ll potentially get back a comp pick that would likely be in the ballpark of a 4th. 

That’s not guaranteed, obviously, and it delays the pick for a year. But the nice thing about the NFL is that you can still get comp picks for midseason acquisitions, so they’re not walking away for absolutely nothing. 

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

Kind of a remarkable thing with John Ross, he had 7 receiving TDs last season — on just 21 total receptions. Among WRs/TEs, no other player with 6+ receiving TDs had fewer than 30 receptions. 

At first I was thinking maybe it was a speed thing (i.e., when he does catch it, he breaks away for long TDs), but his longest TD and reception overall was 39 yards. 5 of the 7 TDs were from 6 yards out or closer.

I’m assuming it’s just a fluky thing, but it definitely strikes me as very odd/unlikely. Anyone have any ideas why an undersized speedster would have been such a relied upon goal-to-go weapon?

Anyway, I don’t think I’d go any higher than a 5th. If someone beats that, fine. Love the speed, but no WR in the history of documenting targets has ever had such a low catch percentage (36%) in their second pro season.

I’m thinking several of them must have been on screens or slants. He’s a dynamic playmaker with run after the catch when he gets the ball in his hands.

Archived