BowserBroncos 5 rounds of mock (a few 1st round trades)

BowserBroncos

On 2/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, BowserBroncos said:

23. Houston Texans  - Andre Dillard - OT - Washington State

Great pick.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:04 AM, BowserBroncos said:

54. Houston Texans (from Seattle) - Justin Layne - CB - Michigan State
55. Houston Texans  - Erick McCoy - IOL - Texas A&M

I like McCoy, but I'd prefer David Edwards - he's versatile as a G or T.

The picks for the Rams aren't bad by any means (I feel like you're overhyped on Joejuan, but it is what it is), but the Raiders are getting way too good a deal on that trade up.  And no, this isn't me getting greedy - teams put a lot of value in having that 5th-year option, particularly when they do or are in a position where they will during the life of the rookie contract have a franchise QB on a second contract.  A 4th round pick (even a high one) isn't going to move a team that doesn't have a 2nd round pick to begin with and has 2 picks in the vicinity of the 4th rounder they'd be acquiring off that 5th-year-option.  I know it doesn't fit into the format of your mock, but there'd probably have to be at least a 2020 pick involved if all that was being tabled was a 4th to move back.

Just, in general, there are a lot of questionable/poor-fit early round picks for a number of teams that just plain don't fit the mantras of their front offices in this mock.

You have no conception of value or need for the Raiders Rams trade  the Rams pick 31 is valued at 600 points and the Raiders pick 35 is valued at 550 points the difference is 50 points in value s 2020 4th round pick,  In this years draft there is only one franchise player that teams would pay more than he is worth that is Nick Bosa maybe Quniionn Williams.  The only QB the Raiders might draft this year is Kyler Murray they will wait for the 2020 class that has 4 to 6 1st round QB's.

There are only 4 players that I would trade up for Nick Bosa,  and Quinnon Williams as they are the 2 best players in the Draft.  in the mid part of the First round I would trade up for Cody Ford or Dalton Riser based on need.  IF the Raiders do not resign Jarred Cook they will trade up for either Hockenson or Phant.

Archived