Combing the Combine for Collectable Contributors

vike daddy

I think Cody Ford has been disappointing so far. His arms were shorter than I was expecting for an OT and he might get more OG looks now.  I also thought he would be one of the bench press leaders, but he was actually one of the lower ranked.  Still his film shows the ability to maul people so idk.

18 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I think Cody Ford has been disappointing so far. His arms were shorter than I was expecting for an OT and he might get more OG looks now.  I also thought he would be one of the bench press leaders, but he was actually one of the lower ranked.  Still his film shows the ability to maul people so idk.

He's been a mancrush of mine for awhile. I always viewed him as a guard for the Vikings.

Ford developed tightness in his chest during the bench press, which is why his numbers were so low. He said he’d bench again at his pro day. 

And with 34” arms, I’m not sure why anyone would think they were shorter than expected? 

12 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

This is why the combine is just a box check, or something that makes you go back and look at the film again.

10 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Dillard and Bradbury both with solid 10 yard splits you'd like to see from ZBS lineman.

My top picks for offensive linemen for the Vikings in the first round are still Taylor and Dillard for OT or Bradbury and Lindstrom for iOL.  Ford may be alright, but he's just not as high on my list.  Nothing about Jonah Williams has still impressed me all that much.  

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Nothing about Jonah Williams has still impressed me all that much.  

From the combine? No. But his level of play and from what I saw on his game videos he still has been the best OT. 

Im still not 100% impressed with most of the offensive line class. There just isn’t any stand out guys to me.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

From the combine? No. But his level of play and from what I saw on his game videos he still has been the best OT. 

Im still not 100% impressed with most of the offensive line class. There just isn’t any stand out guys to me.

Well, there certainly is no Quenton Nelson or Joe Thomas, if that's what you're looking for...but, overall, it's still a pretty good class of OL.  Certainly better than it has been for some time now.  It's probably the deepest interior OL class since at least 2010, if not over the last 15 years or so.  I think most of the top-end guys will turn into decent starters. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Well, there certainly is no Quenton Nelson or Joe Thomas, if that's what you're looking for...but, overall, it's still a pretty good class of OL.  Certainly better than it has been for some time now.  It's probably the deepest interior OL class since at least 2010, if not over the last 15 years or so.  I think most of the top-end guys will turn into decent starters. 

Oh of course I agree with it having some solid guys in it, and I think we will find plenty of 5-10 year career players in this class. It’s filthy in that aspect. I just don’t see the complete standouts, which you typically see with solid classes. 

Basicslly what I’m saying is for me it’s going to come down to trusting more of what you see. Usually you see separation between some of these guys. 

Even in these drills we are seeing a lot of guys being good reps after good reps, not a ton of great reps, and not many bad reps like we see. 

I just find it interesting this year.

40 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

:) 

I still think he is a guy we should look heavily at if there just isn’t any value on the offensive line at #18

I think 18'd be awfully early for a guy like him.  I think they'd be better trading down than taking Omenihu that high.  

Archived