How would you fix the OL?

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

When did Dawkins play RT? Genuinely asking because as rookie I know he played some LG but then started 11 games at LT as a rookie. 

According to his college website he started 1 game at RT as a freshman and the rest were at LT

He switched from RT to LT when Cordy Glenn got injured. Incognito was at LG.

And I forgot who it was but either McDermott, Daboll or Beane said he would be willing to move him this off-season.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

He switched from RT to LT when Cordy Glenn got injured. Incognito was at LG.

And I forgot who it was but either McDermott, Daboll or Beane said he would be willing to move him this off-season.

@soflbillsfan 

Jordan Mills has started every game the last 3 years at RT. Maybe he was sprinkled in for a series but Dawkins definitely didn't start multiple or any games there.

There was a game where Richie got hurt and Dawkins played at LG. He and Glenn were pretty dominant that day.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan 

Jordan Mills has started every game the last 3 years at RT. Maybe he was sprinkled in for a series but Dawkins definitely didn't start multiple or any games there.

There was a game where Richie got hurt and Dawkins played at LG. He and Glenn were pretty dominant that day.

He was I'm competition with Mills. He may not have started a game but it was still his original position coming into the game. And when he did play he looked better than he did at LT. Not saying he didn't play well at LT for a rookie but still seemed more comfortable at right side.

42 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

He was I'm competition with Mills. He may not have started a game but it was still his original position coming into the game. And when he did play he looked better than he did at LT. Not saying he didn't play well at LT for a rookie but still seemed more comfortable at right side.

He played much better when he had a competent LG beside him. Hard to judge anything he or the offense did last season with the abysmal interior of the OL

Im not sure why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of moving our LT to a different position to start a rookie who has yet to prove they can handle the spot? Its bad enough 4 of the 5 positions need to be filled but to add your only good olineman to move to another position after being there for 27 games is silly to me. They wouldnt have moved Glenn if Dawkins wasnt their future LT. Jonah Williams is even projected to go inside on most scouting reports as he is to small for the pro level at LT. Dion Dawkins was graded out on PFF as a top 10 Tackle in 2017 when he actually had a LG next to him. Ducasse is one of the worst Guards in the league and was a massive liability last year. Dawkins had to essentially play 1.5 positions as ducasse struggled at times. If anything I could see Jonah be the bills LG and keeping Dawkins at LT.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im not sure why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of moving our LT to a different position to start a rookie who has yet to prove they can handle the spot? Its bad enough 4 of the 5 positions need to be filled but to add your only good olineman to move to another position after being there for 27 games is silly to me. They wouldnt have moved Glenn if Dawkins wasnt their future LT. Jonah Williams is even projected to go inside on most scouting reports as he is to small for the pro level at LT. Dion Dawkins was graded out on PFF as a top 10 Tackle in 2017 when he actually had a LG next to him. Ducasse is one of the worst Guards in the league and was a massive liability last year. Dawkins had to essentially play 1.5 positions as ducasse struggled at times. If anything I could see Jonah be the bills LG and keeping Dawkins at LT.

Agree 100%.

The only I am okay with the idea of moving Dawkins inside or to the right side is if we signed Trent Brown which I don't see happening.

Jonah is a better fit inside and Taylor has only played RT.

31 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Agree 100%.

The only I am okay with the idea of moving Dawkins inside or to the right side is if we signed Trent Brown which I don't see happening.

Jonah is a better fit inside and Taylor has only played RT.

If bills signed Trent Brown I would be pissed. He has one decent season with the patriots and he wasnt that successful in San Fran or they would have received more then a 5th rd pick in return for him. He is going to seek Nate Solder money and I would rather us spend the money on a RT and keep dawkins as is. Juwan James or Daryl Williams will likely get 9-10 mil a year Trent Brown at LT would likely get  around 14 mil and I for sure think he is highly over rated. He is one of the top players I want the bills to stay away from, leveon and Tyrell (your guy) are my top 3 players i want to avoid at all cost 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

If bills signed Trent Brown I would be pissed. He has one decent season with the patriots and he wasnt that successful in San Fran or they would have received more then a 5th rd pick in return for him. He is going to seek Nate Solder money and I would rather us spend the money on a RT and keep dawkins as is. Juwan James or Daryl Williams will likely get 9-10 mil a year Trent Brown at LT would likely get  around 14 mil and I for sure think he is highly over rated. He is one of the top players I want the bills to stay away from, leveon and Tyrell (your guy) are my top 3 players i want to avoid at all cost 

He was solid in San Fran but his weight was an issue and then he wasn't a scheme fit for Shannahan. I am not saying I want him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills at least look at him. 

Archived