Tevin Coleman vs LeVeon Bell

SkippyX

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m glad Coleman is getting his shot finally. He was my favorite RB in the draft and got stuck on a team where he’s the second option. 

Didn’t he get drafted to start?  Then he got hurt and Devonta Freeman turned into Ladanian Tomlinson for a month.

I was underwhelmed by Coleman last year but the Falcons also called some weird running plays in their games I watched. Too many tosses.  

3 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Didn’t he get drafted to start?  Then he got hurt and Devonta Freeman turned into Ladanian Tomlinson for a month.

I was underwhelmed by Coleman last year but the Falcons also called some weird running plays in their games I watched. Too many tosses.  

Yeah Coleman was the starter and got injured Week 2. Freeman looked good and the Falcons were winning so he never got the job back. 

I do think Coleman would be best in a duo but he should be the 1, not the 2. 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m glad Coleman is getting his shot finally. He was my favorite RB in the draft and got stuck on a team where he’s the second option. 

How often to better RBs get stuck as the back-up? Maybe he was the 2nd option for a reason.  

40 minutes ago, Classic said:

How often to better RBs get stuck as the back-up? Maybe he was the 2nd option for a reason.  

Very different running backs, they are both excellent at what they do. Coleman would excel in a different system that utilizies him more efficiency. 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, VanS said:

And this is when numbers lie.

Other than being one year younger and presumably cheaper, there is nothing Tevin Coleman does better than Le'Veon Bell.

Teams gameplan around and against Bell.  Teams don't do that with Coleman.  Le'Veon is a bell cow RB while Coleman is a complimentary RB.  This is not a valid comparison at all. 

I agree with this, but if I'm a GM looking to sign a RB, I go for Coleman over Bell. The difference in money between the two is significant, and the mileage on Coleman is much lower. Coleman is also less of a distraction - no worries about a lengthy suspension, where as Bell will be on strike two with his earlier pot suspension.

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

I agree with this, but if I'm a GM looking to sign a RB, I go for Coleman over Bell. The difference in money between the two is significant, and the mileage on Coleman is much lower. Coleman is also less of a distraction - no worries about a lengthy suspension, where as Bell will be on strike two with his earlier pot suspension.

I agree.  I'm not keen on signing Bell either given his age and presumed salary.  My take there was simply about who is the better player in a vacuum.  For example if both players were the same price I'm taking Bell 10 times outta 10. 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:11 PM, VanS said:

And this is when numbers lie.

Other than being one year younger and presumably cheaper, there is nothing Tevin Coleman does better than Le'Veon Bell.

Teams gameplan around and against Bell.  Teams don't do that with Coleman.  Le'Veon is a bell cow RB while Coleman is a complimentary RB.  This is not a valid comparison at all. 

This is the first rational thing I've seen you post maybe ever. I like it!

That being said, Tevin Coleman's contract + skills >>>>> Le'Veon Bell's contract + skills.

Plus Bell having taken a year off is going to lead to some rustiness. When Bell comes back I expect a solid RB, not a great one. RB's don't do well after missing time. Except for AP, but he isn't really a human being sooo....

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, BleedTheClock said:

This is the first rational thing I've seen you post maybe ever. I like it!

That being said, Tevin Coleman's contract + skills >>>>> Le'Veon Bell's contract + skills.

Plus Bell having taken a year off is going to lead to some rustiness. When Bell comes back I expect a solid RB, not a great one. RB's don't do well after missing time. Except for AP, but he isn't really a human being sooo....

I like Coleman alot but their is 2 glaring weakness holding him back from being a top tier back to me.  He goes down so quick on contact way to easily.  Ito Smith who is much smaller of the 2 looked like a power back at times out there compared to coleman.    I think he did get his fumble problem fixed though so that a win and he can flat out fly and has good hands.   He still needs to work on his vision though as well as he has a knack for not seeing the hole or not waiting for one to open up and just running into the backs of lineman at times.    If he can fix those 2 problems i think he is a top tier starter on a team and a very good back to have.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Are we underrating Bell now? A year ago when he was playing, I thought he was comfortably an elite back. No real weaknesses to his game and he always generates more yardage than you think is there.

You've been on this site long enough to know this happens quite frequently.

Archived