QB Johnny Manziel cut by CFL Team

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly has nothing to do with the NFL so definitely not worthy of a thread in the NFL news section.

Not a big deal considering there's absolutely nothing going on in the NFL outside of some unsurprising cuts, unsurprising franchise tag news, and unsurprising Foles news.

23 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

i think i read the words domestic abuse yesterday but i'm way too lazy to look that up now. 

I for one, am disappointed. I thought he could be exciting in a lesser league. 

I could be completely wrong, but wouldn't any domestic abuse be in the news?

The CFL commissioner stated that he violated the terms of the agreement to play in the CFL.  This meant monthly doctor visits with lithium tests and weekly therapist sessions for his anger management.  But he won't state exactly what Manziel did wrong.

Alouettes' GM stated: “We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement.  We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.”

Why would they present alternatives if it was a domestic abuse case?  To me (and I'm just guessing), it sounds like Manziel stopped going to his therapist and the Alouettes gave him other alternatives like possibly group counselling, personal life coach, etc.  It really sounds like Manziel wanted out of the CFL and this was his way to do it.

5 minutes ago, areksoo said:

I could be completely wrong, but wouldn't any domestic abuse be in the news?

The CFL commissioner stated that he violated the terms of the agreement to play in the CFL.  This meant monthly doctor visits with lithium tests and weekly therapist sessions for his anger management.  

Also Alouettes' GM stated: “We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement.  We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.”

Why would they present alternatives if it was a domestic abuse case?  To me (and I'm just guessing), it sounds like Manziel stopped going to his therapist and the Alouettes gave him other alternatives like possibly group counselling, personal life coach, etc.  It really sounds like Manziel wanted out of the CFL and this was his way to do it.

don't take my word as gospel bro. i'm purely just saying what my dumb brain thinks it might remember of one tweet i read yesterday. 

Archived