A Mock For the Common Man

vikestyle

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The fact that he was able to play even at a mediocre level is pretty good

Your assessment of his play last year is vastly different than my assessment. I wouldn't call his play last year a mediocre level at all. Elflein was struggling mightily. Iirc, PFT ranked him as a bottom three center in the league. Ranking and ratings aside, according to the eye test his play was pretty terrible.

37 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Your assessment of his play last year is vastly different than my assessment. I wouldn't call his play last year a mediocre level at all. Elflein was struggling mightily. Iirc, PFT ranked him as a bottom three center in the league. Ranking and ratings aside, according to the eye test his play was pretty terrible.

To be expected when you're playing between two awful players, and didn't have any hint of an offseason. Now, I'm not saying that he's going to bounce back and all of a sudden be an all-pro, but I would expect his play to elevate and for him to show growth from his rookie year.

I love Oliver, although I don’t love trading up for him. Can’t say I’d be upset with it though. As others have said, Bradbury likely won’t slip that far but at this point it’s not impossible. The one thing I do dislike about this mock is taking two guys that are projected on likely stay inside at the next level. Reiff’s time is running out I believe and I’d like to get a guy that can play OT. We can always take a guy who has OT potential and stick him at G for a year. Easier to find G’s than good OT’s. Ideally in a perfect world, Minnesota can come away with a potential starting T early like Dillard or Williams. And then get a G somewhere in the 3rd or 4th that has starting potential. Overall, not bad though. 

Archived