Dwayne Haskins

taylor made

Would you give up the draft picks for Dwayne Haskins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up draft picks for Dwayne Haskins

• Trade up for Dwayne Haskins
    • I wouldn't trade up for Haskins

There's obviously been a lot of talk about drafting a Quarterback for good reason but most of the talk has been regarding Kyler Murray.

I think Redskin fans can rest easy because Kyler Murray doesn't really fit the WCO offense and what Jon Gruden looks for in the QB position. I seriously doubt Kyler Murray does get drafted by the Redskins. However, Dwayne Haskins is almost a perfect fit for what Gruden is looking for at QB in my opinion.  The Jets' pick at #3 is on the trade block according to ESPN.  The thing is we'd have to give up our first round pick, next year's first round draft pick plus some more draft picks.

I think most fans that want to "Tank for Tua" have the wrong attitude because you are wasting an entire year's worth of talent on our roster. Secondly, we aren't guaranteed a top1 or top2 draft pick even if we try to tank or just play awful. You are just wasting time and most teams that have 'tanked' have continued to be bottom dwellers.  Also, we might have to give up another first round draft pick to try to trade up anyways. The time is now to strike.  The Redskins team does have talent despite an all time low in optimism.

Drew Lock and Daniel Jones strike me as fool's gold type QBs. The Ryan Tannehills. The Kirk Cousins & Matt Stafford's. Haskins however. Well he looks like he could be a stud.

Most fans are so snake-bitten from the RG3 trade they don't want to see another trade up .  But remember, the Eagles traded up for Wentz and the Chiefs traded up for Mahomes. I just want to hear your opinion most notably on what you think of Dwayne Haskins and if you are open to landing him even if it would cost next year's first. And most likely a package of this year's first, second and a third round draft pick.

Edited by taylor made

10 hours ago, taylor made said:

The time is now to strike. 

Via one of the weakest QB draft classes in recent history? With the 15th pick... having to trade up when we have so many holes to fill?

With one of the stronger QB draft classes coming up in 2020?

Now is NOT the time to strike. Now is the time use our extra draft picks to build depth... to build a TEAM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Via one of the weakest QB draft classes in recent history? With the 15th pick... having to trade up when we have so many holes to fill?

With one of the stronger QB draft classes coming up in 2020?

Now is NOT the time to strike. Now is the time use our extra draft picks to build depth... to build a TEAM.

Next years QB class is always better, until the draft roles around and it actually isn't in reality.

Edited by RandomCampBody
  • Like 1

Just now, RandomCampBody said:

Next years QB class is always better, until the draft roles around and it actually isn't in reality.

While hoping next year is better than this year may be risk, trying to force the move this year is a bigger risk when you consider giving up the other draft picks to make it happen.

There's also a fair amount of "once bitten, twice shy" going on around here for trading up to get a top QB.

I’d be fine with drafting Dwayne Haskins at 15. And I’m fine with trading up to draft a true can’t-miss QB prospect. 

I don’t consider Haskins to be that. He’s got a lot of potential, and I think he could well justify a top 10 pick one day. But he’s a guy who has such limited experience in doing things he’ll have to be able to do in the NFL — make full-field reads, consistently attack down the field. play under intense pass rush pressure, play against defenses that are as talented as his weapons — that I just don’t know that you can feel comfortable mortgaging the future to bring him into the fold. 

The biggest issue, for me, with trading up for Haskins is the fact that he’s a guy who would really be best with some time to sit and adjust to the NFL game. But we aren’t a team that’s really in a position to sit him for a while. And if he’s going to be thrown into the fire right away, you’d really want him to have a lot of weapons that can allow him to make easy throws and have some success. We aren’t really there right now either — and if we’re giving away multiple valuable picks to get him, we’re limiting our ability to outfit him with those weapons. 

Unfortunately, the perfect fit for him is the Giants. They’ve still got Eli, so he can sit for a while, maybe even the whole season. They’ve got Barkley and OBJ, which is a better RB/WR combo than any in the NFL, especially when it comes to getting open and doing damage in the passing game. Shepard and Engram are still young and have the potential to be very good complementary weapons. They run that WCO, which is a good fit for his skill set and prior experience. With a bit more work on the OL, it’s the perfect environment for him to succeed. 

And unfortunately, we have almost none of that to offer him (aside from a better OL, when healthy). I think we’d be better in terms of complementary weapons, when Reed and Crowder were healthy at least. But Guice is not Saquon, and where they have OBJ, we have...no one. In our offense, we’d be expecting him to look down the field, but we have no one on the outside who can separate consistently. He’d be learning on the job and throwing into tight windows, which is a recipe for disaster. Especially when he doesn’t have the mobility to survive the inevitable slow decision-making process for a rookie in this offense. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, taylor made said:

I just want to bump this now that the Jags have landed Nick Foles. It is looking more and more likely our first round draft pick will be a QB so get ready.

It's still possible that Washington will draft a QB in the first, but I don't see it being Haskins because I don't see them trading up ahead of the Giants to do it.

Actually, with the rumors that the Raiders are shopping Carr, it's possible the Giants don't even get him.