Dwayne Haskins

taylor made

Would you give up the draft picks for Dwayne Haskins  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up draft picks for Dwayne Haskins

• Trade up for Dwayne Haskins
    • I wouldn't trade up for Haskins

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt take him if he's there at 46. Too many other needs and I can wait out Keenum right now. Seriously. Gimme a late flyer, Brett Rypien, start chaning the position and go younger. Build for the future. In 2020, cut Alex, cut McCoy, cut Keenum, and draft your franchise guy. 2020 has way better QB's than this class. 

• Like 2

Just now, mike23md said:

I wouldnt take him if he's there at 46. Too many other needs and I can wait out Keenum right now. Seriously. Gimme a late flyer, Brett Rypien, start chaning the position and go younger. Build for the future. In 2020, cut Alex, cut McCoy, cut Keenum, and draft your franchise guy. 2020 has way better QB's than this class. 

That’s what I’m saying.  Haskins would be the 4th or 5th QB in next years class.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s what I’m saying.  Haskins would be the 4th or 5th QB in next years class.

If this year's version was in the draft next year, absolutely.  He came out expecting to be the #1 QB drafted, until Kyler Murray jumped back in the picture.  If Haskins repeats last season's performance, he could be ahead of Fromm in next year's class.  

Edited by naptownskinsfan

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

If this year's version was in the draft next year, absolutely.  He came out expecting to be the #1 QB drafted, until Kyler Murray jumped back in the picture.  If Haskins repeats last season's performance, he could be ahead of Fromm in next year's class.  

Kyler Murray shouldnt be the best overall QB. I have him as a mid to late 3rd rounder. Really raw and an offense has to be schemed for him to adjust to his height. Forget ever taking the ball under center. He has a cannon for an arm, but I just don't see him being all that great. 

Out of this class, I think its Lock, Rypien, Haskins. Jones is a mess. I addressed Murray. I think I would rather have Tannehill than any of these QB's besides Rypien. 

• Like 1

Id take him. Sit him a year.

We will never be horrible enough to do any better. Always going to hit that 6 to 9 win range.

I see Haskins as a 50/50. 50 hes Trubisky, 50 hes Gabbert. 2 other guys that came out on minimum college start time. I didnt expect Trubisky to pan out. But full time coaching really tapped into his abilities. Haskins could be in much the same role. 20 hours a week is all theyre allowed in college, and until this season he wasnt the qb allowed to use most of that time. I think well worth the risk in seeing how much more is there when hes full time and getting twice the hours.

And how is anyone even mentioning Rypien getting upvotes? Dude showed at the combine he couldnt hit water if thrown from a boat with GPS directions, a map, with the gravity level of Jupiter pushing him down.

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Giving up sooooo much with so much needed. Just can't do it. 

I know, its weird. But if his really is legit it's a move that would almost have to be made. I wouldn't be happy about giving up picks but could understand it if we're not throwing future ones away 

43 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Kyler Murray shouldnt be the best overall QB. I have him as a mid to late 3rd rounder. Really raw and an offense has to be schemed for him to adjust to his height. Forget ever taking the ball under center. He has a cannon for an arm, but I just don't see him being all that great. 

Out of this class, I think its Lock, Rypien, Haskins. Jones is a mess. I addressed Murray. I think I would rather have Tannehill than any of these QB's besides Rypien. 

I agree with you, on Murray but that doesn't seem to be the NFL consensus.  Some are enamored with the raw talent and measurable skills, and some coaches have enough arrogance to think they can design an offense to make him a viable QB.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree with you, on Murray but that doesn't seem to be the NFL consensus.  Some are enamored with the raw talent and measurable skills, and some coaches have enough arrogance to think they can design an offense to make him a viable QB.  

The Pat Mahomes effect. Too bad Murray isn’t in the same universe as Mahomes. If I’m a GM Murray is way down my board

• Like 3

• 1 year later...