draft pick

chris

59 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Maybe their second 

I hope not.  Brown will be 31 years old at the start of the season.  A second round draft pick should start for this team for years.  Brown may go a couple more years at a high level but that is uncertain.  

5 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I hope not.  Brown will be 31 years old at the start of the season.  A second round draft pick should start for this team for years.  Brown may go a couple more years at a high level but that is uncertain.  

2018 - Josh Jackson
2017 - Josh Jones
2016 - Jason Spriggs
2015 - Quinten Rolliins
2014 - Davante Adams
2013 - Eddie Lacy
2012 - Jerel Worthy
2011 - Randall Cobb
2010 - Mike Neal

2nd round picks.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

2018 - Josh Jackson
2017 - Josh Jones
2016 - Jason Spriggs
2015 - Quinten Rolliins
2014 - Davante Adams
2013 - Eddie Lacy
2012 - Jerel Worthy
2011 - Randall Cobb
2010 - Mike Neal

2nd round picks.

That's what we call a "mixed bag" lol. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

That's what we call a "mixed bag" lol. 

True....and there's some there that if swapped out for AB...........
So - while I understand the thrust of eyecatcher's comment, there's room for interpretation.

Theoretical - if this year it came down to selecting Josh Jones, Quinten Rollins, Jason Spriggs, Jerel Worthy.......or......adding AB to the roster......

Just now, Leader said:

So - while I understand the thrust of eyecatcher's comment, there's room for interpretation.

Theoretical - if this year it came down to selecting Josh Jones, Quinten Rollins, Jason Spriggs, Jerel Worthy.......or......adding AB to the roster......

Truthfully, I think the team that ends up getting AB will only be giving up, at best, at 3rd for him. Pittsburgh has no leverage here because everyone knows AB isn't playing in Pitt this year regardless of the smokescreen by Colbert. They are going to dump him for the best offer and given AB's contract and antics, I don't see that being more than a 3rd, especially if it's an NFC team. 

IMO, if GB offered pick 75, I think we'd get him. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

2018 - Josh Jackson  picked 45th
2017 - Josh Jones  picked 61st
2016 - Jason Spriggs picked 48th
2015 - Quinten Rolliins  picked 62th
2014 - Davante Adams  picked 53rd
2013 - Eddie Lacy  picked 61st
2012 - Jerel Worthy  picked 51st

2012 -  Casey Heyward - picked 62
2011 - Randall Cobb  picked 64th
2010 - Mike Neal  picked 56th

2nd round picks.

What's your point?  Plenty of guys on that list I'd take over a 31 year old Brown.  This year the Packers second round pick is 44.  That is higher than every one of the picks on that list.  

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I can agree with this but draft position and hindsight make those decisions easier.  

Just now, packfanfb said:

Truthfully, I think the team that ends up getting AB will only be giving up, at best, at 3rd for him. Pittsburgh has no leverage here because everyone knows AB isn't playing in Pitt this year regardless of the smokescreen by Colbert. They are going to dump him for the best offer and given AB's contract and antics, I don't see that being more than a 3rd, especially if it's an NFC team. 

IMO, if GB offered pick 75, I think we'd get him. 

I dont necessarily want him. Recognize the talent - thats unmistakable - but really dont want the headache and it would be short term.
But - as that list indicates - we've had more than our fair share of "short term producing" 2nd round picks.
Was just offering up past draft values to put the potential transaction into some context.

Archived