2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

You kill me...... You make posts about the Raiders being in the playoffs next year, which is ridiculous. Then you make posts minutes later about trading all assets for 1 player.

2016 was a fluke, so stop using that as a baseline for any reasoning. This team is 2-3 years away with prudent roster rebuilding from being anything.

My reply...BP was talking to EA I mean HB   9_9

I don't think 2016 was a fluke. Mack and Carr were playing at a peak level when Derek went down. He hasn't been the same since, but he hasn't been the dumpster fire many have thought. He looks shell shocked but I think he'll pull out of it as he did at times this past season. Broke a finger, busted knee, broke back and lost his best friend in a trade days before opening the season against a team that went to the Super Bowl. No excuses but facts right there but the question is will he pull up before crashing or with Chucky pull the emergency cord and trade/draft/move on before we find out. 2016 was about taking risks and many of those risks panned out. 2017 JDR risks didn't pan out and he got canned. Gruden is taking much bigger risks and should be able to acquire some good assets. Mack's contract savings should land us two good FA's at other positions and maybe 3. The picks, a 1st and 3rd (other first will be too close to our 2nd to count) will get us two young players on rookie contracts. So Mack could equal S Collins, LB Barr and a rookie (5 year rookie contract) and 3rd 2020 (depth) It's up to our new GM to influence Chucky into good picks. Mack is better than all 4 but as a team we'll probably preform better with those 4 than just Mack.

Cooper will get 18 mil most likely the next season or two so that's two starters on a lower level or a good TE and good RB. The draft pick will yield another rookie with 5 year option. One of those picks will probably be a WR 24 or 27 that will replace Cooper's production with more chemistry with Carr. That was a good trade with the season already over and knowing Cooper probably wanted to leave instead of signing with us in Vegas.

I agree with rebuilding being a multi year project and it not being smart to trade any of those picks or salary cap (No to AB) to try and 'win now'

If we get some good FA's and have a fluke like season 2016 style, then we can trade the 2020 picks to make that push before the deadline but I doubt we'll be in the hunt.

I was/am against the trading of Mack. Can't change that no matter how much it feels like a nightmare I'll wake up from. All we can do now is focus on how to right the ship and sail it into Vegas with more pieces in place to compete there. UGH the truth is bitter tasting. :S

EDIT: 'No sir...I don't like it!'

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You kill me...... You make posts about the Raiders being in the playoffs next year, which is ridiculous. Then you make posts minutes later about trading all assets for 1 player.

2016 was a fluke, so stop using that as a baseline for any reasoning. This team is 2-3 years away with prudent roster rebuilding from being anything.

Our roster was so poorly constructed that paying Cooper and Mack would've doomed us to purgatory for the next few years. We needed cap relief and draft picks to revamp the roster top to bottom because Reggie made like 5 good picks in 6 drafts.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Does anyone know when the QB, TE, and WR will be measured? 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/2/26/18230051/2019-nfl-combine-times-dates-tv-schedule-watch-live-online
Groups 4 (QB, WR), 5 (QB, WR), and 6 (TE)

• Wednesday, Feb. 27: Registration, hospital pre-exams, X-rays, overflow testing, orientation, interviews
  • Thursday, Feb. 28:Measurements, medical examinations, overflow testing, interviews
  • Friday, March 1: Psychological testing, NFLPA meeting, media availability, bench press, interviews
  • Saturday, March 2: On-field workouts (timing, stations, and drills) and departure from Indianapolis

The Raiders met with QBs Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins Wednesday night and Jon Gruden said he believes Murray when he says he prefers football over baseball. “My dad drafted Bo Jackson, so I asked (Murray) three times, ‘Are you serious? I mean,... https://t.co/2O0jb46Kaj

Jon Gruden, on Derek Carr: “Yeah, he’s our franchise quarterback. Yes. Try to make that clear.” https://t.co/0uEiHFGjJO

We all know it is lying season in the NFL.

Raiders are doing their due diligence on QBs or/and preparing Carr for a trade (next season or this off-season) as another team would be getting a "franchise QB"

Seems like to me we could replicate KC strategy . 

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We all know it is lying season in the NFL.

Raiders are doing their due diligence on QBs or/and preparing Carr for a trade (next season or this off-season) as another team would be getting a "franchise QB"

Seems like to me we could replicate KC strategy . 

Carr is no Smith though. He wouldn't be cool with being a place holder and "grooming" the eventual franchise guy imo.

Archived