2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Just now, BayRaider said:

Wtf?? I wouldn't of touched Rosen in the 1st last year, let alone this year. Guy is gonna be a bust city. Don't be surprised at all if the Cards select Murray #1.

Rosen was considered an elite prospect, hence why Arizona moved up to 10 to get him. Arizona had zero talent last season, what did you expect from him as a rookie QB with a weak supporting cast? Rosen had 2.5 years of good tape at UCLA and all of the physical traits that you look for in a modern franchise quarterback. All of the Murray truthers reference Russell Wilson as to why Murray will succeed but he's an outlier. Not to mention Wilson came into the perfect situation in Seattle then developed and was good for 4 years in college at two different programs. 

If the Cards want Murray @ #1 I wonder what they want for Rosen.  You could let him develop behind Carr.  We would have a cheap backup while he is on his rookie contract and if Carr does not improve we have a young talented QB for Gruden to work with.  I would not trade any of my top picks but maybe KO and a 4th if we really are looking to move him.

33 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

May not be a better prospect for Kliff Kingburys offense, though. 

And honestly, Rosen was terribad last year. I know he didnt have weapons and a porous oline, but he was eye poppingly bad whenever I watched him. 

Rosen is absolutely trash for what I’ve seen. I’m no Murray fan, but if Kingsbury installs the air raid offense in AZ, Murray is absolutely a no-brainer. As bad as Rosen was this year, he might actually be worse in such an offense. 

Rosen wasn’t a terrible prospect last year before the draft, at one point I thought he was close to the top of the QB incoming class. But watching him on the field this year was a vomit-inducing experience. He made Josh Allen look like Aaron rogers. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Rosen was considered an elite prospect, hence why Arizona moved up to 10 to get him. Arizona had zero talent last season, what did you expect from him as a rookie QB with a weak supporting cast? Rosen had 2.5 years of good tape at UCLA and all of the physical traits that you look for in a modern franchise quarterback. All of the Murray truthers reference Russell Wilson as to why Murray will succeed but he's an outlier. Not to mention Wilson came into the perfect situation in Seattle then developed and was good for 4 years in college at two different programs. 

I'm not a Murray truther, I don't want him at all, and still think he's undersized, but he's twice the prospect Rosen is and way more intelligent, Rosen is dumb as bricks.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If the Cards want Murray @ #1 I wonder what they want for Rosen.  You could let him develop behind Carr.  We would have a cheap backup while he is on his rookie contract and if Carr does not improve we have a young talented QB for Gruden to work with.  I would not trade any of my top picks but maybe KO and a 4th if we really are looking to move him.

From what I’ve seen from Rosen, no thanks. Pass. 

Id rather have just about any other prospect. Or a mid-late round guy. He’s that bad. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rosen went 10 in one deepest QB classes ever

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm not a Murray truther, I don't want him at all, and still think he's undersized, but he's twice the prospect Rosen is and way more intelligent, Rosen is dumb as bricks.

Are you kidding me? One of Rosen's strengths coming into the NFL was his intelligence. He had the 2nd highest Wonderlic score at the combine last year and IIRC both of his parents are doctors or surgeons. Murray looks extremely timid and awkward in his interviews and doesn't strike me as the shiniest bowl in the bowl drawer. Murray is twice the prospect that Rosen was on the field? Give me a break. Based on what? Murray would've been the 5th QB off the board last year.

vs

14 minutes ago, #39 Fan said:

From what I’ve seen from Rosen, no thanks. Pass. 

Id rather have just about any other prospect. Or a mid-late round guy. He’s that bad. 

I would never make a decision on a rookie QB based solely on his first year.  KO might already be on the trading block and I highly doubt we find close to the talent level Rosen has in the 4th.  His problems are between his ears and expected for a rookie pocket passer.  He is probably better than McCarron already and would be cheaper.  Only issue is it would have to happen before the 17th.  If available I think we would be idiots to pass that up.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There's so much revisionist history on this forum. Rosen was certainly a better prospect than Murray is currently. Outside of the size concerns, you only have 1 year of tape with Murray playing in a spread offense surrounded by an extremely talented supporting cast. 

Rosen was considered the "freshman"  that would go #1 if eligible. "Golden Rosen". That was the highest his stock was after his Freshman year

He was selected #10 last year and probably would of went lower if Cards didn't trade with us. No revisionist history here, he still would be the 3rd or 4th QB taken in this draft.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are you kidding me? One of Rosen's strengths coming into the NFL was his intelligence. He had the 2nd highest Wonderlic score at the combine last year and IIRC both of his parents are doctors or surgeons. Murray looks extremely timid and awkward in his interviews and doesn't strike me as the shiniest bowl in the bowl drawer. Murray is twice the prospect that Rosen was on the field? Give me a break. Based on what? Murray would've been the 5th QB off the board last year.

vs

I have heard a lot about this interview for Murray but I think he was put in a tough position at the time because he had not announced anything yet.  I think interviews would be a little different now.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would never make a decision on a rookie QB based solely on his first year.  KO might already be on the trading block and I highly doubt we find close to the talent level Rosen has in the 4th.  His problems are between his ears and expected for a rookie pocket passer.  He is probably better than McCarron already and would be cheaper.  Only issue is it would have to happen before the 17th.  If available I think we would be idiots to pass that up.

I’d take McCarron. Hell, I’d take EJ Manuel. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rosen was considered the "freshman"  that would go #1 if eligible. "Golden Rosen". That was the highest his stock was after his Freshman year

He was selected #10 last year and probably would of went lower if Cards didn't trade with us. No revisionist history here, he still would be the 3rd or 4th QB taken in this draft.

Are you kidding me? Rosen went #10 in a much better draft class and would be the 3rd or 4th QB taken in this draft? Haskins and Murray would've all been taken behind Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, and Rosen. 

Haskins and Murray are both unknowns, they only have 1 year of tape and played in very QB friendly offenses surrounded by elite players at almost every position.  

Archived