2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Eagles GM has never made a 1st Round Pick that isn’t QB/OL/DL in his entire career. 

That really gives us a decent shot at Jacobs at 35. Can’t pull the trigger on Jacobs at 24. We’ll lose out on Polite. No way Polite makes it past the Eagles at 25. Can’t take Jacobs at 27, no way Baker makes it past the Chiefs at 29. 

QW, Polite, Baker, Jacobs would be a heck of a haul and A+ value. You are getting 4 Top 15 graded guys because of how the dominoes fell in the draft. 

I'll lose it if we get those guys. Though I'd be tempted to take fant with that pick instead of baker if he's there. He will be Njoku+++++

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'll lose it if we get those guys. Though I'd be tempted to take fant with that pick instead of baker if he's there. He will be Njoku+++++

I wish we would re-sign Cook to make this choice easier. But if we don’t re-sign Cook, I’m fine with Fant at 27. I just feel it could of been avoided. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wish we would re-sign Cook to make this choice easier. But if we don’t re-sign Cook, I’m fine with Fant at 27. I just feel it could of been avoided. 

I agree with you to some extent. I also want to get younger, but don't want to sacrifice on D and this tight end class is loaded. CB vs TE will be an interesting debate.

For sure though, a good tight end is needed in Gruden's offense. We can't pay our skill position group the whole cap either. If we don't resign Cook, I'd be amenable to Eiffert as well on a short term deal. The injuries have kept him fresh in a way.

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree with you to some extent. I also want to get younger, but don't want to sacrifice on D and this tight end class is loaded. CB vs TE will be an interesting debate.

For sure though, a good tight end is needed in Gruden's offense. We can't pay our skill position group the whole cap either. If we don't resign Cook, I'd be amenable to Eiffert as well on a short term deal. The injuries have kept him fresh in a way.

I really like some of the other TEs in this draft late. Caleb Wilson in the 4th I really like. And I like Zach Gentrys potential in the 6th-7th. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I really like some of the other TEs in this draft late. Caleb Wilson in the 4th I really like. And I like Zach Gentrys potential in the 6th-7th. 

I'm with you, but I feel like Fant, Hockenson, and even Irv Smith are can't miss guys. It would be tough to pass on one and see them become among the best in the league at their position, which is incredibly valuable in the redzone/postseason.

I'm not sure how everyone feels about this, but I would love to double dip at edge in the first round. 

Gives us two top talents and we would have the 5th year option on both of them. Paying for a edge in FA is too costly, and we can always trade one for additional picks if the opportunity is there.

19 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I'm not sure how everyone feels about this, but I would love to double dip at edge in the first round. 

Gives us two top talents and we would have the 5th year option on both of them. Paying for a edge in FA is too costly, and we can always trade one for additional picks if the opportunity is there.

I'd be wary of this. There are multiple way to improve the pass rush, but I don't think 2 1sts at edge are the answer. Rely on Key to be your 2nd guy, along with a depth/rotational guy in free agency like Shaq Barrett or Markus golden. Draft an edge you believe in and then upgrade at other pressing spots, like LB, DB, etc. 

I'd possibly look into acquiring Ogbah for a late round pick as well, if his value drops.

46 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd be wary of this. There are multiple way to improve the pass rush, but I don't think 2 1sts at edge are the answer. Rely on Key to be your 2nd guy, along with a depth/rotational guy in free agency like Shaq Barrett or Markus golden. Draft an edge you believe in and then upgrade at other pressing spots, like LB, DB, etc. 

I'd possibly look into acquiring Ogbah for a late round pick as well, if his value 

49 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Don't see them picking two EDGE players early. They have to get a vet DE. Would be crazy to just rely on rookies and Key for your pass rush.

I would want them to get a vet, but if say we draft a edge at 4 and a 2nd edge prospect happens to be there at 24 would it be worth it to take? 

I agree that there other needs, but I think the potential to land 2 top edge prospects might be a great opportunity and would allows us to have 3 young Edges and a vet presence as well.

7 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Let's not forget two firsts next year.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  I just want to see the things we are hammering the table about addressed, if not with youthful talent... Talent in general.  DE, LB, WR, OT, S, RB.  You get the idea.    To this point... I'd have to say they're taking a serious approach and see the same things we do as fans.  This off season deserves kudos so far. 

The way Gurden and Mayock attacks this offseason so far could lead to a really D heavy draft in a strong defensive draft class...It is almost like we have a plan :)

With that said I really hope we sign at least a good veteran Edge rusher. We can't expect to have success with only rookies and Key IMO.

It would be really important to see a QB go in the TOP 3. Either the Cards or maybe a team after a trade should select a QB, so we have a chance to select one from the best DL players (Bosa, Q, Allen) at 4. 

At 24 we will have plenty options and hopefully we will have a chance to land D.Bush. 

13 hours ago, FreshPrince said:

I think there is almost zero chance that we pick at 4, 24 and 27. I’d love to be able to get 2 more 2nds.

We'll see. We've added almost nothing on defense this offseason and selecting 3 players in the first round gives us the 5th-year option on all 3 guys. 

Archived