2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

I think Justin houston and first round edge rusher would be ideal. Houston can give us good run def and 7-9 sacks. 2 yr 20 mill 

Houston is an excellent run defender too. I'd give him 2 yr/$20M and call it a day in free agency. 

3 hours ago, Totty said:

Let's not forget two firsts next year.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  I just want to see the things we are hammering the table about addressed, if not with youthful talent... Talent in general.  DE, LB, WR, OT, S, RB.  Yo

WR Class has potential to be insane next year. Couple fantastic running backs as well. So I'm good going defense heavy this year

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

WR Class has potential to be insane next year. Couple fantastic running backs as well. So I'm good going defense heavy this year

Definitely this. Unless a first round pass catcher/Jacobs slips to our second this year (Harry/Fant) then I’m fine punting On taking offensive players early this year and coming away from the draft with 4 potential defensive starters/heavy rotation guys. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see. We've added almost nothing on defense this offseason and selecting 3 players in the first round gives us the 5th-year option on all 3 guys. 

Maybe they’ll move up, maybe down, but I expect movement with all the picks they have. I don’t think we’ll sit still and take BPA. I think mayock will have more of a plan. I listened to him on schefters podcast and I think he’s gonna have “his guys” he’s going to know where he needs to be to get them, and he’s going to go get them. And I think he’s going to nail it. 

41 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Maybe they’ll move up, maybe down, but I expect movement with all the picks they have. I don’t think we’ll sit still and take BPA. I think mayock will have more of a plan. I listened to him on schefters podcast and I think he’s gonna have “his guys” he’s going to know where he needs to be to get them, and he’s going to go get them. And I think he’s going to nail it. 

I expect some movement as well. Particularly with 27 and 35. As others have mentioned, there's frequently trades at the back end of the first or front of the second for teams that are targeting specific players and the cost is disproportionately less than moving up to the front of the 1st. Even moving back from 35 several spots to recoup a 3rd would be a big win to me.

51 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

We need to add at least 3 starters to the defense in the draft. The only move I'd support would be #4/#35 to SF for #2 so we could add Bosa. 

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

In my latest mock I’m working on I trade #27 for #54 & #55 from hou so they can get josh Jacobs 

I wouldn't move down that far, it's usually someone near the top of the 2nd that wants to jump back in the 1st.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

I wouldn't move down that far, it's usually someone near the top of the 2nd that wants to jump back in the 1st.

I'm telling you right now if Jacobs is there at 27 and we don't take him, I'm going to lose it

Mayock is all about value. Which is how you have an effective draft. In both the NFL and Fantasy Football. You are not gonna see Mayock reaching on anybody, and if he wants a guy, he’s gonna put himself around the right draft spot to do it. 

Our 4th and 5th Round will be even more interestint. I expect maybe a RB and Project Edge. If you can get two superstars late, you can become SB contender pretty dang quick. Seahawks with Sherman in 5th and Russell in 3rd as an example. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We need to add at least 3 starters to the defense in the draft. The only move I'd support would be #4/#35 to SF for #2 so we could add Bosa. 

Kind of silly to say it’s the ONLY move you’d support. The more picks we have the better chance of finding starters. 

Archived