2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

4 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

David Johnson is still a stud. Fitzgerald is still a sure handed possession receiver and I think Christian Kirk has the potential to be a very good player in the future. 

Blame the talent and coaching all you want, Rosen was still just terrible. By contrast, Derek Carr had Andre Holmes and James Jones as his two top targets his rookie year and he looked much much better than Rosen. 

The only recent QB I've seen look as bad as Rosen and go on to be successful is Jared Goff.

Rosen had ZERO protection. None. Raider fans complain about Carr's protection.... Rosen had no chance. His flash plays were things not any QBs can do. Everyone is sleeping on Rosen

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Listening to a live Gruden interview:

Gruden completely dodged a question when asked “Can we put to rest the Murray at 4 rumors”?

His answer was something along the lines of “Man I say one thing at the senior bowl and everyone blows it up”. Never said we can put the rumor to rest, never committed to Carr. Then he was asked “Would you take Murray at 4?” All he said was “Well quite frankly I’d be shocked if he was there” and then kind ofchanged the subject. 

A quote for the pro Carr guys though, (gotta please both groups lol) Gannon said it takes two years to have a full grasp of Grudens complex system. The Raiders went 8-8 the first year under Gannon and 12-4 the next. 

My whole thing is why would Gruden say anything to show his hand at this point. No one has seen anyone workout so the landscape is murky as hell. You only put yourself at a disadvantage. Just stay general with your answers and keep gain information, which is what he is doing.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The same porous, no weapons excuse you use for Rosen should be applied for David Johnson's subpar season as well .

Josh Rosen was a solid first round prospect. Nothing about his game was spectacular. He was built up as this cant miss, sure fire first overall QB since high school and he didnt live up to the hype. Never led that team to ish.

Excluding his obvious physical advantages, I would argue Murray has more arm talent than Rosen. I really dont see what makes Rosen such a better prospect except that he's 6'4 and a better interview.

100% agreed

Rosen was more hype than anything. He was a good QB at UCLA but didnt do anything special. He is similar to Matt Barkley and Jimmy Clausen 

I dont see anything that Rosen does better than Murray other than the traditional QB size. Rosen looked very immobile in college and last season. Couldnt escape pressure at all in College and NFL

42 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

100% agreed

Rosen was more hype than anything. He was a good QB at UCLA but didnt do anything special. He is similar to Matt Barkley and Jimmy Clausen 

I dont see anything that Rosen does better than Murray other than the traditional QB size. Rosen looked very immobile in college and last season. Couldnt escape pressure at all in College and NFL

Exactly. Rosen reminds me of Andrew Walter in the pocket. He has zero elusiveness and zero mobility. Unless you put the Saints offensive line around him, he’s never doin squat. 

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The same porous, no weapons excuse you use for Rosen should be applied for David Johnson's subpar season as well .

Josh Rosen was a solid first round prospect. Nothing about his game was spectacular. He was built up as this cant miss, sure fire first overall QB since high school and he didnt live up to the hype. Never led that team to ish.

Excluding his obvious physical advantages, I would argue Murray has more arm talent than Rosen. I really dont see what makes Rosen such a better prospect except that he's 6'4 and a better interview.

Rosen had 2.5 years of solid tape at UCLA where he flashed. Murray was absolutely terrible at A&M and played well for one year in one of the most talented offenses in the country, playing terrible competition, in a pass happy offense. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Rosen had ZERO protection. None. Raider fans complain about Carr's protection.... Rosen had no chance. His flash plays were things not any QBs can do. Everyone is sleeping on Rosen

Rosen was sacked 45 times in 14 games. He was a rookie with very little talent around him. Murray is going to be a big-time bust but everyone loves to nut hug the "next big thing."

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Exactly. Rosen reminds me of Andrew Walter in the pocket. He has zero elusiveness and zero mobility. Unless you put the Saints offensive line around him, he’s never doin squat. 

Rosen was sacked at a historical rate for a rookie quarterback. Lets see how great Murray looks against elite competition with a mediocre team around him. This isn't the Big 12 where his team is going to be 3x as talented as most teams they play.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Rosen was sacked at a historical rate for a rookie quarterback. Lets see how great Murray looks against elite competition with a mediocre team around him. This isn't the Big 12 where his team is going to be 3x as talented as most teams they play.

At least Murray can escape pressure and make plays. Rosen is a statue. At least a statue is hard to take down though. 

The combine isnt over. Lets not confirm Murray to the Cards yet. Other top prospects will work out too

By mid next week, Haskins could be the #1 QB. 

Gruden was totally in lying season mode. Raiders are keeping everything close to the vest. Talking up Derek Carr had a great season and he's a franchise QB. It is the same thing when it comes to meeting with Haskins and Murray, keeps teams guessing to not show your hand. Great work. We all know we got worked in the trade last year with the Cards

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The combine isnt over. Lets not confirm Murray to the Cards yet. Other top prospects will work out too

By mid next week, Haskins could be the #1 QB. 

Gruden was totally in lying season mode. Raiders are keeping everything close to the vest. Talking up Derek Carr had a great season and he's a franchise QB. It is the same thing when it comes to meeting with Haskins and Murray, keeps teams guessing to not show your hand. Great work. We all know we got worked in the trade last year with the Cards

I do agree Mayock and Gruden are keeping everyone guessing. I'm hoping with McKenzie gone we'll actually get fair value trades. I feel like Reggie was just a nice guy you could push over...

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Oliver came in at 287 which is very good for him. Also at 6-1 7/8 

He's almost the exact same size that Mo Hurst was at the combine last year. But Hurst was a little taller, longer, and heavier. 

Edge

Montez Sweat: 6'5 6/8, 260 & 35 6/8 arms 

Rashan Gary: 6'4 3/8, 277 & 34 1/8 arms

Carl Granderson: 6'4 6/8, 254 & 34 arms 

Brian Burns: 6'4 6/8, 249 & 33 7/8 arms 

Clelin Ferrell: 6'4 3/8, 264 & 34 1/8 arms

Jachai Polite: 6'2 5/8, 258 & 32 5/8 arms

Nick Bosa: 6'3 6/8, 266 & 33 arms

Interior

Quinnen Williams: 6'3" 303 & 33 2/8 arms

Archived