2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yes. I'll sig bet you on a forever bet that Carr is the starter next year.

I’m not betting on my end lol, I think you’re more likely right then wrong, but the fact that you think you have no chance of being wrong is the intriguing part. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’m not betting on my end lol, I think you’re more likely right then wrong, but the fact that you think you have no chance of being wrong is the intriguing part. 

Gruden and Mayock aren't dumb and that's why I don't think there's any chance we take a quarterback early. This QB class sucks. Haskins and Murray were both one-year wonders in college and neither guy is a great prospect. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden and Mayock aren't dumb and that's why I don't think there's any chance we take a quarterback early. This QB class sucks. Haskins and Murray were both one-year wonders in college and neither guy is a great prospect. 

Which is what Mayock just said in his interview. But why would he ruin his trade value by saying that? It baffled me beyond end. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What did he say?

He said he saw every single year, bar none, QBs he graded as a Late 1st get pushed into the Top 5 and said that’s what could be happening this year.

Why on planet earth would he say that?

Just now, BayRaider said:

He said he saw every single year, bar none, QBs he graded as a Late 1st get pushed into the Top 5 and said that’s what could be happening this year.

Why on planet earth would he say that?

His evaluation doesn't mean anything to other teams.

Just now, NYRaider said:

His evaluation doesn't mean anything to other teams.

Yes but if he was using the pick as leverage he would talk them UP. 

If he wanted to pick them he would talk them DOWN. 

As a GM half your job is lying. The interview either showed they want Murray or he could care less about increasing trade leverage. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes but if he was using the pick as leverage he would talk them UP. 

If he wanted to pick them he would talk them DOWN. 

As a GM half your job is lying. The interview either showed they want Murray or he could care less about increasing trade leverage. 

Link to the interview?

I think he's just being honest and realistic. He knows that we are not trading up for a QB and we may or may not be in position to trade down either. If someone wants a QB they are most likely trading with the Jets at #3 or the Bucs at #5. Everyone knows the Giants are the team to get in front of and if Murray goes at #1, there will be a flurry at #3 if teams want Haskins.

As for Carr, how absolutely disgusting would we look if we traded him now? Bring in AB. Have him want to come play with Carr. Workout with Carr. Go to his house. 

It's not impossible, but that would be really ****ty.

21 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Probably right.  I think Keim will look to move down but only if it meant SF not getting Bosa.  

Looking at the trade chart (which I know is useless) has 4/27/35 as the matchup but it seemed on the lowball side.  I think it would be a lowball scenario because there’s no elite QB.  I don’t see Oakland being that sold on Murray/Haskins but could move up for Bosa if it only meant one late FRP.

Gruden is in love with Murray from most accounts.

I would be shocked if the Raiders didnt at least make an attempt to trade to #1. The price may end up being too steep, but we will make an inquiry. 

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I dont think we will trade Carr. If anything, I think he will be Alex Smith for a year and start while Murray is being groomed. 

Interesting theory. If Carr balls out he could be worth two firsts. Then you dump Carrs contract and start Murray. 

I still think there’s better value in the 2020 QB Class though. I’m almost dead set on getting a QB in 2020. This isn’t a year where “oh Carr looks improved let’s keep him” “oh Carr did well enough” no... Carr needs to perform Top 6-7 level QB for us to keep him. 2016 performance, probably even better than 2016 performance as that year was quite overrated in it’s own right. If he performs like a Top 10-12 QB I’d be shocked if we kept him. 

It’s ball out or go home for Carr. 

Archived