2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

That seems like the scenario we could head to. 5 QBs over the age of 36 will be retiring sooner than later including potentially unresolved QB situations, that's almost over a quarter of the league looking for new QBs. There will an increased demand of starting caliber QBs in the next 1-2 years. The idea that we can just trade up in the draft in 2020 is flawed.  Carr could potentially net a good draft haul next season if we take a young signal caller this year and groom him for 2020

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

That seems like the scenario we could head to. 5 QBs over the age of 36 will be retiring sooner than later including potentially unresolved QB situations, that's almost over a quarter of the league looking for new QBs. There will an increased demand of starting caliber QBs in the next 1-2 years. The idea that we can just trade up in the draft in 2020 is flawed.  Carr could potentially net a good draft haul next season if we take a young signal caller this year and groom him for 2020

I agree wholeheartedly. We are not a good team, but we've added enough talent to at least be a 6-8 win team next year imo, which will knock us out of the running for a top QB next year. We have the most draft capital this year. We are 4th in the draft this year. Makes the most sense to get the QB this year. Next year I project us picking around 9-15

If we want the #1 QB, this draft is the year to do it. I've voiced my criticisms on Carr, but I've never once said he was a bad quarterback. Alot of teams would be happy with him. I think Gruden is really serious about following the Mahomes/Alex Smith pathway. 

8 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I agree wholeheartedly. We are not a good team, but we've added enough talent to at least be a 6-8 win team next year imo, which will knock us out of the running for a top QB next year. We have the most draft capital this year. We are 4th in the draft this year. Makes the most sense to get the QB this year. Next year I project us picking around 9-15

If we want the #1 QB, this draft is the year to do it. I've voiced my criticisms on Carr, but I've never once said he was a bad quarterback. Alot of teams would be happy with him. I think Gruden is really serious about following the Mahomes/Alex Smith pathway. 

It is a win-win scenario. If Carr has a career year next season then we really have 2 QBs in which one could get a great return in drafts picks/players back in a league that will be hungry for starting QBs. 

Our other needs can be addressed at 24 and 27, 35. A trade down from one of those spots can recoup more picks as well.

I personally believe the Giants wont  trade up to get a QB. Dolphins seem like the only team that would at this point. However, they could wait to trade in the 7-9 area for less compensation. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I dont think we will trade Carr. If anything, I think he will be Alex Smith for a year and start while Murray is being groomed. 

There’s a zero percent chance that happens. Carr will demand a trade if we take a QB top 5.

50 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If you’re willing to give up the draft capital you can move up for a QB. 

Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Darnold, Allen, and Rosen were all drafted by teams that traded up to get them...

40 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The only problem is that Kyler is nowhere near Mahomes as a prospect. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

It is a win-win scenario. If Carr has a career year next season then we really have 2 QBs in which one could get a great return in drafts picks/players back in a league that will be hungry for starting QBs. 

Our other needs can be addressed at 24 and 27, 35. A trade down from one of those spots can recoup more picks as well.

I personally believe the Giants wont  trade up to get a QB. Dolphins seem like the only team that would at this point. However, they could wait to trade in the 7-9 area for less compensation. 

How would we draft at 24, 27, and 35? To get Murray we’d have to give up 24 and 35. Basically would get Murray at 1 and pick at 27 and our next pick would be in the 4th Round. If we can trade down 27 and get a 2nd and 3rd that’d be ideal. 

Murray is going #1. No question. Not sure what team itll be. Cardinals, Raiders, or a shocker. But he’ll be #1. As for #4 im not taking Haskins. He’s really not that good. Bad under pressure, a lot of his throws are INTs in the NFL, his balls have little zip especially compared to Murray/Carr. Haskins is not the answer. 

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Let's not have revisionist history. Mahomes was raw af and played far more unconventional than Murray.

Mahomes had nearly 10,000 passing yards and 77 TDs his final two seasons at TT playing with terrible talent around him. Mahomes has unreal arm talent and accuracy, you can't teach that. Murray is decent but he's small and had arguably the most stacked offense in college football around him last year. 

5 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And if he demands a trade, tough sh#t. Just proving all his haters wrong who doubt his fake good guy persona .

Is Kyler Murray going to play defense too or are we going to give up 50 ppg next season?

The draft has 3 was to shake out for the Raiders.  These are in no particular order.

1.  No QB's are taken in the top 3.  That leaves us in a prime position to trade back and load up on picks.  We would receive multiple 1st rounders if Murray slips to 4.  No way Mayock makes this pick if this occurs.

2.  1 QB goes in the top 3.  That will allow us to take one of the big 3.  We will most likely make that pick.  The possibility is there that we trade back a few slots and acquire multiple first rounders if someone gets desperate for a QB and blows us away. 

3.  2 QB's go in the top 3.  This would be the most difficult choice for Mayock.  I would assume if this were to happen the only non QB taken in the top 3 would be Bosa which would allow us to choose between Williams and Allen (If Bosa somehow is there he should be the pick).  I am truly torn between Williams and Allen, as I think both will be very good pros.  The biggest factor in this situation is position and the Raiders need for and edge rusher.  I feel in this scenario the Raiders would draft Allen over WIlliams but the decision will not be an easy one.  

These are the only plausible scenarios that I can see.  I feel the odds are extremely low that one of the big 3 are on the board at 4 and the Raiders select another player.  

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gruden is in love with Murray from most accounts.

I would be shocked if the Raiders didnt at least make an attempt to trade to #1. The price may end up being too steep, but we will make an inquiry. 

LOL You guys are still talking about this nonsense?  No chance that the Raiders trade up and draft Murray or draft him at all... Zero.  Trading up to one would be the most stupid this this franchise has done since drafting DHB in the top 10.  That isn't a direct knock on Murray but like I have said a million times Carr is not the problem with this team.  

Mayock is putting out smoke signals that he is in love with Murray which is the smart play.  I would do the exact same thing if I was a GM while telling Carr on the side he has nothing to worry about but to keep his mouth shut. 

It gives all the talking head shills zero clue as to what we are really planning by spreading false information.  If Murray somehow slips to 4 that plays perfectly into our hand for a trade down.  Someone would give up 3 first round picks to move up to 4 and take Murray especially if teams think we're in love with him and we could potentially draft him ourselves.  

I like the guys we signed and that we filled holes on some positions (wr, ol), but i'm really worried by the huge holes at DE and LB. Not worried that we will have holes at start of the season because this is a 2 year overhaul anyway. No my biggest worry is that we pick for need again, and end up with 3 Kolton Millers and no Derwin James because we wanted to fix a hole.

Archived